ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super flash cart problem discovery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaronl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Super flash cart problem discovery Reply with quote

Hello,

I found something very interesting with SNES and it doesn't just involve the super flash cart, but the game genie as well. First, ever notice that with the game genie, games like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter II turbo do not work with the game genie on some systems? This was a mystery for me for awhile until I started re-building american SNES systems.

I found that Nintendo made two different types of motherboards. There are the kind that have the removable sound modules and the "newer" boards that have the sound chips built in. The older ones seem to be before 1993. Anyway, with that problem in mind, when I got my stock of SNES systems in, I tried the game genie with an older motherboard. What do ya know, Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter II Turbo worked with the older system.

I then remembered I had a problem with a few games locking up with the super flash cart. I then tried those games with the older SNES motherboard and they worked fine!! Needless to say, I found the best older style motherboard and built myself a nice retro SNES and am now using that instead.

Maybe the guys at TotoTek can investigate this?? I hope I helped shed a light on some common problems...

- Aaron
retrofan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Super flash cart problem discovery Reply with quote

aaronl wrote:
Hello,

I found something very interesting with SNES and it doesn't just involve the super flash cart, but the game genie as well. First, ever notice that with the game genie, games like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter II turbo do not work with the game genie on some systems? This was a mystery for me for awhile until I started re-building american SNES systems.

I found that Nintendo made two different types of motherboards. There are the kind that have the removable sound modules and the "newer" boards that have the sound chips built in. The older ones seem to be before 1993. Anyway, with that problem in mind, when I got my stock of SNES systems in, I tried the game genie with an older motherboard. What do ya know, Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter II Turbo worked with the older system.

I then remembered I had a problem with a few games locking up with the super flash cart. I then tried those games with the older SNES motherboard and they worked fine!! Needless to say, I found the best older style motherboard and built myself a nice retro SNES and am now using that instead.

Maybe the guys at TotoTek can investigate this?? I hope I helped shed a light on some common problems...

- Aaron

Hi,

Can you list some games that lock up with the newer unit?
I want to test mines...
Thanks
aaronl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed the problem with Illusion of Gaia, you have to play it to the point where you go to Neil's Cottage for the first time and it locks up, it does this with other points of the game too. That's the only game I found the problem with so far since I haven't had time to play through more games.

I'll go back through and get to that point on the game and upload the srm file for you if you'd like...

- Aaron
retrofan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, lets do that. Send me the srm to me
I'll test it out.

Last edited by retrofan on Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
aaronl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that Pilotwings doesn't work with the flash cart at all, in either model system. Is there a reason for this? Also games like Street Fighter Alpha 2 and Super Mario World 2 do not work.
aaronl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to apologize, I got to the same point in illusion of Gaia and didn't have any problems, it must have been just that console. However the game genie thing is still evident
redviper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaronl wrote:
I noticed that Pilotwings doesn't work with the flash cart at all, in either model system. Is there a reason for this? Also games like Street Fighter Alpha 2 and Super Mario World 2 do not work.

All games you mentioned contain extra chips.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: