ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Show off your gaming setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Show off your gaming setup Reply with quote

I have seen some impressive gaming rigs in my day, but mine I believe takes the cake. Why? Well, I am a retro gamer (with the exception of the wii) and I like my gaming very much elite. Elite meaning system modifications, custom systems, etc. Without further adieu, here is my system setup (span over 3 rooms):

MONITOR: Mitsubishi 37'' SXGA Color Display Monitor Model:XC 3730-C (RGB 15khz/31khz capable)

RGB SYSTEMS:

1. Playstation 2 (old style) with duo2 chip, ethernet adaptor, 120gb hard drive
2. Sega Sports (black) dreamcast with VGA adaptor
3. Nintendo Gamecube with Component Video cable, Gameboy Player, Hori Gamecube Controller (shaped like a SNES controller), SuperCard SD Gameboy Advance Flash Card with 2gb SD card, running in VGA via VDigi VD-Z3 component to VGA adaptor
4. Atari Jaguar with Jaguar CD attatchment, 6 button Pro Pad, Jaguar Dev Flash Cart
5. NEC PC Engine Duo-R with internal RGB mod, Neo Flash 128mb flash cart, Arcade Card Duo, Hori Fighting Commander 6-button pad
6. Nintendo 64 with internal RGB mod, Z64 Hardware 2 Backup Unit with internal Compact Flash Card reader and 8gb Compact Flash card (every USA game on one card!)
7. Super Nintendo system (older style), Super Wild Card DX2 64mb backup unit, Disk Dual with DVD-ROM drive and internal Compact Flash drive/2gb Compact Flash card (every USA game on this card!), Super Gameboy with Super Gameboy game pad, GB Transferer + 2x 32mb Gameboy flash carts
8. Sega Saturn with Mod Board, 4-in-1 action replay cartridge
9. Sega CDX (Sega Genesis/CD combo), 32x, 32mb Evermind Mega Cart (load Genesis/32x ROMS via CD), 2X 64mb Tototek MD-PRO Genesis/32x
flash carts
10. Sega Master System (model 1) with 2x 32mb Tototek SMS Flash carts

MISC:

Vectrex System with VecFlash flash cartridge

OTHER SYSTEMS:

1. Atari 7800 with A/V (stereo, composite, s-video) MOD, Cuttle Cart 2 flash cart with 32mb MMC card, 2x Atari game pads
2. Atari 5200 (4 controller port) with A/V (stereo, composite, s-video) MOD, power MOD (gets rid of the RF switchbox), Atarimax 128-in-1 USB flash cart, Redemption 5200 (use 2600/7800 controllers with 5200)
3. Colecovision with A/V (stereo, composite video) MOD, Atarimax 128-in-1 USB flash cart
4. Intellivision with A/V (stereo, composite video) MOD, Cuttle Cart 3 flash cart
5. Panasonic 3DO (soon to have RGB mod)
6. Nintendo AV Famicom (Japanese Toploader) with Famicom Disk System, Retro USB PowerPak with 512mb Compact Flash card!
7. Nintendo Wii with WiiKey mod chip, 2x wii remotes/nunchucks, gun, classic controller, controller charging station
8. XBOX1 Systems (4 of these in the house)

COMMING SOON NES RGB MODDED SYSTEM!

PICS:

kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are simple video mods on common scruffy consoles with common copiers elite? It would take at least original mods (for example a RGB Atari/Coleco/Intelli since you're a sucker for that) to remotely approach elite with all the stuff people out there have/do...
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyuusaku wrote:
How are simple video mods on common scruffy consoles with common copiers elite? It would take at least original mods (for example a RGB Atari/Coleco/Intelli since you're a sucker for that) to remotely approach elite with all the stuff people out there have/do...

RGB for those consoles don't exist. Atari/Coleco/Intellivision obviously isn't elite but my setup as a whole is
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eastbayarb wrote:
RGB for those consoles don't exist. Atari/Coleco/Intellivision obviously isn't elite but my setup as a whole is

Sure it does, how do you think emulators work? They use a YIQ/YUV to RGB look-up table. In Atari VCS' case internal schematics are even freely published online so people have made their own literally perfect reimplementations with RGB.

Generally people consider elite to be the best of the best and I see a lot of room for improvement in your setup in rarity, condition, functionality and originality. Limiting yourself to services / information being offered online, by definition is not elite.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyuusaku wrote:
eastbayarb wrote:

Sure it does, how do you think emulators work? They use a YIQ/YUV to RGB look-up table. In Atari VCS' case internal schematics are even freely published online so people have made their own literally perfect reimplementations with RGB.

Generally people consider elite to be the best of the best and I see a lot of room for improvement in your setup in rarity, condition, functionality and originality. Limiting yourself to services / information being offered online, by definition is not elite.

If there were RGB mods availible for Atari/Coleco/Intellivision systems, the gamesx community surely would have posted it. Hence, until a real world working modded Atari/Coleco/Intellivision system with RGB is made, it doesn't exist.

Since you are the authority in elite setups, let's see yours!
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GameSX community isn't the end all resource for console modding, it literally only covers simple mods which can be found empirically. What I was talking about is a mod to replace the VDP, way beyond the scope of GameSX, but something multiple people have done.

Also I don't have a "setup", just 20" and 32" TVs I occasionally play games via composite or even RF on, I'm not the one who's made sweeping boasts. Since I do know my stuff though, here's what I'd expect from a setup that "takes the cake":

-Display -- rotatable 30-90 kHz analog + oversampling video processor
-Consoles -- generally only original Japanese models, no case modifications, MIB, some consoles with new discrete video DACs or in the case of HSV outputting consoles, VDP or entire system replaced with clone, ability to playback any region or backup
-Copiers/peripherals -- ability to accurately emulate/backup every original game board, chronologically authentic storage device and PC interface, absolute debugging/cheating for complete console control, CDROM emulators for CD consoles, interface with memory cards etc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: