ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I cannot get my MegaDriveII to recognise the 64plus MD-PRO..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keropi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: I cannot get my MegaDriveII to recognise the 64plus MD-PRO.. Reply with quote

Damn!

I just got the package, hook it on 2 of my pc's and BOTH see the card OK. They even flash it OK. All seem very nice on the pc side.
But when I get the cartridge on my PAL MegadriveII console, all I see is the copyright message "produced by or under license.. blah blah" and then just a black screen. I have tried flashing only one, or 3-4 games, nothing starts... am I doing something wrong? I use the latest 2.1 dreamwriter software, and even tried to select manually the region of the games. nothing.
thanks! Very Happy
geoanas

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried different dumps ?
keropi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no dumps are OK... the problem is the cut-down version of my MegaDriveII... I see on it's box that this md2 will not work with 32x, megacd or Virtua Racing game... I got a multimega and a megadrive1 and md64pro works great on both!
smalz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keropi wrote:
no dumps are OK... the problem is the cut-down version of my MegaDriveII... I see on it's box that this md2 will not work with 32x, megacd or Virtua Racing game... I got a multimega and a megadrive1 and md64pro works great on both!

THis reminds me of my second game gear which wasn't compatible with the tv tuner Sad
icon0319

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The megadrive II is compatible with megacd and 32X. It's the Megadrive III which is not compatible.

Here is a picture with all three together.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/33/Mega_Drive_II_%28PAL%29_%2B_Mega-CD_II_%28PAL%29_%2B_32X_%28PAL%29.jpg
icon0319

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also recommend you clean your connectors and if your cartridge is loose then I recommend you use this guide to refurbish your connector.

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/console/sega/md2-loose-cart.htm

Be careful because the connectors may make contact after you do this so if you want to use segacd then make sure you have some kind of plastic card to separate the contacts so the segacd will boot. This is until the contacts are back to their manufacturing spec which will happen as you have cartridges in it.

Also make sure to clean your games so you do not re-dirty your contacts. Using rubbing alcohol and q-tip works but takes unnecessary time also since this is not abbrasive you will not get any corrosion off unless your at it for an hour. I found opening the cartridges and using Weimans glass cook top cleaner and a paper towel works the best and will really make it shine. This is a slight abrasive cleaner that you rub on and rub off and will not even scratch glass so it is entirely safe on your cartridges. Hope this helps.
fonzie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tomy can fix this, I already talk about something similar with him (fix a VA4 that didn't work with mdpro).

Take care!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> MD-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: