ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doctor SF7 (32M) for NTSC SFC question :)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshwaan2k

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:03 am    Post subject: Doctor SF7 (32M) for NTSC SFC question :) Reply with quote

hi guys, A friend told me about this cool site that they sell copiers for snes and what not.

Anyways my question is I want to be able to play a few roms that I own the carts for which I got off of the internet.

I was wondering how do I send the roms to the copier to play them.

Also Can this copier play the following of my games collection.

Dirt Racer
Super Bike FX
Street Fighter 2 turbo
Secrects of mana
and Battle Toads

cheers

Josh
sam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the gdsf7 has a floppy drive to load roms and also can be sent roms through the parallel port from your computer. The only games gdsf7 can't play are the ones with special chips. The chips are dsp 1 & 2, SFX, capcom encryption and SFX2.

I don't know what chips those all use but if you find out it's easy to see if it'll work.
joshwaan2k

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I got this machine, where could I get this special chip

Dirt Racer uses SFX2 and is one of my fav games Smile
joshwaan2k

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I have a Pal Machine, I'm guessing these NTSC copiers will not work with my pal Machine.

Also what games use DS1 and 2 and if I purchased this Doctor SF3-SF7 Blue DSP adaptor will it make them play Smile

cheers

Josh
vcdfan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That copier shd play SF2 Turbo, Secret Of Mana and Battletoads. It won't play Super Bike FX, at all, no matter what you try. You can't find the chips anywhere. Same as no copier will play Starfox/Starwing because of the Super FX chip. I'm unsure which games will play with the blue passthrough DSP adapter. Mario Kart and Pilotwings are 2 examples of DSP games, someone else on this board will probably be able to tell you other DSP and other special chip games that will work and which won't work.
I have heard that the GD7 will work on a PAL machine, but your probably better off asking Tomy just to make sure. Or maybe someone else on this board is using their GD7 on a PAL machine ?

vcdfan
joshwaan2k

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx for replying vcdfan. I'm wondering I'm getting a NTSC japan version SFC off Tomy cause I don't want to mess with my pal machine.

He said that it comes with AV cable and 1 Joypad, Would my pal Power pack work with this NTSC version or would he need to give me one.

I talk last night to him but it was late and he seems busy today so I thought I'd ask in here.

Also Tomy said the Doctor SF7 (32M) for NTSC SFC don't need the blue DSP the Sf7 has support for it and will rin the dso games.

Before I go when I purchase a SF7 will I get any cables with it manuals?

cheers

Josh
vcdfan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, I'm not 100% certain that it will work with a PAL machine. If you don't wanna mess with your machine, why not get an NTSC SFC?
I think you might of misunderstood what Tomy said about the DSP adapter. I'm pretty certain you need it to play DSP games, it says on the site for SF2-SF7. Although I don't have a GD7 myself so I could be wrong.
I think you just get the machine when you order from Tototek, although again, check with Tomy, or maybe someone else on this board can tell you. If it doesn't come with the manual, go to the forums on http://www.cherryroms.com and do a search and you'll find a few links of where to download the manual so that you can view it on your computer or print it out. That's what I had to do for my manual for my UFO unit Very Happy

vcdfan
Mozzie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there!

I am also thinking of buying a Doctor SF7 from Tototek.
Does anyone know if this baby will run on my PAL SNES for sure if I disable the lockout chip inside the SNES?

Cheers
rippin snare

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will the Doctor SF7 work on a US modelled SNES? Is there anyway to get it to do so if not?
Mozzie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

In the meanwhile I bought the Game Doctor 7 from Tototek. Superfast shipping from Hong Kong, I received the GD7 today.
Anyway, I've disabled the lockout chip inside my PAL SNES and it works just fine! I especially love the upload ability from my laptop to the GD7!

Disabling the lockout chip on a US SNES should also do the trick, if you need to do mod the SNES at all... the only region protecting for not playing Japanese games on a US SNES is the shape of the cartridge.
rippin snare

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah ok. so is the shape of the GD7 the same as the jap cartridge meaning it will NOT fit? Do I have to modify my US snes to make it fit or will the device fit into my US snes with no problems?
acem77

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will fit in the usa system no problem.
rippin snare

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh great.. thanks a lot for the response acem77.. much appreciated. I was wondering if would fit or not cause I know jap cartridges can't fit in a US system so I was afraid the same would be for the copier since it is made for a jap system. I just ordered one so hopefully I will get it soon.

thanks again.

btw.. do you have this copier on a usa snes?
rippin snare

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the SF7 can have 128mb of internal memory yet the biggest I can seem to find to purchase is 64. How exactly do I get to 128mb? Is there an actual module that is 128mb in size or can you let me know how it is done?

As well... the SF7 comes standard with 32mb. If I buy the 64M addon does that bring me to 96mb total with 64 + 32 or does the 32m get disabled and I only have 64?

Thanks

Andrew
Mozzie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GD7 has two slots for memory. One of them contains a 32Mbit card and the second is empty, when you buy the console. So yes, if you ad an extra card of 64 Mbit, you will and up with 96 Mbit in total.

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: