ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WTB - N64 Savefile import/exporter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> User Buy/Sell, and Request stuff here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qgpr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: WTB - N64 Savefile import/exporter Reply with quote

Hi, I am way late into this but I am looking for a device that allows me to connect a N64 game to the pc (via serial cable I assume) and extract the save data and then be able to upload a new save from the PC to the N64 cart.

Basically:
* Original Cartridge/Memory Pak connects to device which connects via serial cable to PC.
* Saved data on cart/pak is downloaded to PC.
* Downloaded data on PC can be reuploaded to the cart/pak.

Googling I found a "DexDrive" which says can do exactly this for Memory Paks and EEPROM saves (whatever that is), and that it seems to cover most of the N64 games.

But it states it doesn't work for some games like Pokemon Stadium, Jet Force Gemini and Majoras Mask because they don't have that kind of save.

Is there a device out there that works for those games? Oh also, I'd rather do the import/export on the real games rather than on a rom thing, so that when playing I have no external devices connected to the system or game.

If there isn't a device for them, is anyone here able to build one? do you know who should I contact?

I have subscribed to this thread so replies will be emailed to me : )

Btw, what devices do the same thing for other consoles? (snes, game boy, game cube, playstation)
Seeds

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey. The N64 carts have four different save chips (depending on what game).
4kb EEPROM (Like Mario 64)
16kB EEPROM (Like Donkey Kong 64)
Sram (Like Smash Brothers)
and FLASHRAM (Like Pokemon Stadium Jet Force Gemini and Majoras Mask).
http://n64.icequake.net/mirror/www.elitendo.com/n64/usa_boot_save_list.html
To this day there hasn't been a proper program and or hardware that will backup and restore a flashram save to a save cart.
qgpr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you, but is it impossible? (and in that case why?) or just no one has tried to do it?, if someone is willing or knows who could build a piece of hardware just to dump and reupload those saves please contact me Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> User Buy/Sell, and Request stuff here All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: