ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MD-PRO 64M games not working in certain memory address

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Complaint or Need Help from ToToTEK
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icon0319

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: MD-PRO 64M games not working in certain memory address Reply with quote

Tomy I had just received my MD-PRO 64M. For some reason any game that is in the second spot in the menu doesn't work it just freezes at the opening screen. This is after a 16Mb game is in the first spot. I also noticed that the programmer doesn't turn on the first try I have to tilt the cartridge a little and then the LED goes when I hit the switch.

The games all flash in Dreamwriter 2.1 and verify with no errors. Please contact me as soon as possible.

This is from Order #200812180233 you can contact me here or my e-mail address gsdougherty@hotmail.com

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Gregory Dougherty
icon0319

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have attempted again with different games always have 16Mb in front whether it is 8 + 8 or 16 and the game in the beginning after the 16Mb always freezes. All the games after the freezing game work perfectly.

I have run the diagnostic program for the card and it passes with no errors. I have also done non turbo flashes to see if that changes and still I get the freezes. I am running on a Model 1601 Genesis.

Gregory Dougherty
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I tested it before ship. So, pre-loaded games should work.
Have you test pre-load games when you receive your MD Pro ?

I want to know how it freezes ? When game start, hang immediately ?
Hang on menu screen ?

I'll send my address to you for return your MD Pro.
Please make sure it was damaged before ship it back.
Thanks.

I receive your another order, and I'll ship it today.
Thank you.

What is Model 1601 Genesis ? Is it original ?

-Tomy
icon0319

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it was freezing with the preloaded game as well. The only game that freezes is the game that is after 16Mb in flash memory. This froze on me when playing the preloaded super street fighter II. I thought maybe it was a bad rom so loaded my own but still had the same issues. The game freezes either in the opening credits of the game like the game manufacturers. Or sometimes you can get a little bit into the first level and then freeze. Super Street Fighter II I was able to get to the first fight and then freeze and sometimes in froze right in the games menu screen like Start and Options screen. It also froze sometimes when Ryu does the Haduken in the beginning.

I have tried this always with 16Mb first in flash memory whether it is a single 16Mb game or 2 * 8Mb games in front and then the game after freezes in the beginning. I have tried this with:

1.Earthworm Jim - freeze in beginning of first level
2. Ecco - Freeze in opening of game after SEGA sign or sometimes in beginning level
3. Sonic The Hedgehog - Freeze in opening of game or beginning of first level.

All games freeze and sound hangs with single tone everything is non-responsive. Have to turn off system and turn back on to do anything.

All of these games if not in that spot of memory work flawlessly on the MD-Pro It's just that any game in that spot will stop working. But after that spot of memory and before it will work flawlessly. The smallest I tested was 4Mb in the bad area so I do not know how much of the memory is flawed in that area. Diagnostics show that it passes on the card and writes fine.

The last question you had was what is genesis 1601. This is the first model genesis that has the volume control and the headphone jack in front. With a sliding on/off switch.

I have already ordered another kit Tomy because I would like to have this as soon as possible. If you could please send return address so I may return the kit that I have currently in possession.

Thank you very much Tomy

Gregory Dougherty
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I PM you the return address. You can return your bad MD Pro to that address.
I use 1601 too. But seems it is no problem for me. I'll take a deep look when I received your MD Pro. And tell you result.

Have you receive your new set MD Pro ? If yes, have you try it and any problem ?

Best Regards,
Tomy
icon0319

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have tried the new MD pro and programmer and seems to be working fine. I have tried the games already on it and flashed it with the list I described before and no freezing.

Have not tried programming the other MD pro with new programmer. I don't want to try it though. I will be shipping them back to you hopefully tomorrow.

I did notice that the new programmer is ver. 3 and the older one is ver. 2 do not know what revisions you made between the two. This is just for your information.

Gregory Dougherty
icon0319

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomy I have sent you a PM I was just letting you know that I have shipped the bad MD-PRO and the programmer back to you

I did try putting the bad MD into the new programmer and had the same result with the freezing. Let me know when you get it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Complaint or Need Help from ToToTEK All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: