ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NES/Famicom Copiers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpix

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: NES/Famicom Copiers Reply with quote

Hi!

I've been searching alot lately, for information about the famicom copiers that was released in the 90s, and have a few questions.

1. CopyNES - Do this help you play games? (roms) Smile
2. Turbo Game Doctor 6+ - are you able to play roms, or JUST the games released on the FDS?
3. Does anyone know where I can buy a Super Magic Card for the famicom?
4. Are there any other unit that is possible easier to get or make, that will be able to play roms?

- yes, alot of rom questions, but since it's hard to get by all the original carts that i really want to play, i need to get something of a unit.

thanks for any help!

'pix
Memblers

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. CopyNES can load games, if you replace the ROMs on a cart with RAM chips. (further modifications might be needed to load carts that use bankswitching, I'm not sure how to do that)

I don't know much about the older Famicom copiers, other than that they used FDS disks for saving/loading ROM data.

4. You can modify cartridges to use other types of memory. EPROM, EEPROM, FlashROM, and non-volatile-SRAM are some possibilities. You'd just need a device to program the chips.

It also depends on which game(s) you want to play, since there's so many hardware variations, there won't be one cart that can run all the games anytime soon.
DjoeN

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wel IF tototek ever brings out a NES Flashkit, it would be 1 wit switches, or maybe 1 that exists of 3 flashcards (or more) Smile

But i think dip switches would do the job fine Smile
(that doesn't mean 1 card will do all games, there are indeed so many different hardware nes carts out, you should be amazed the nes runned them all Smile
(hehe)
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a card is released of course it will have some sort of digital logic, such as a CPLD to emulate the hardware. Dipswitches don't emulate hardware o_0
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, TGD6 is able to play hacked "ROM"s stored on FDS disks.
timofonic

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not nes+fc ALL IN ONE product? Smile

Could be amazing!!! with scart output, power and usb for upload roms Smile
Imagine these on a small and portable device Smile
cpix

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyuusaku wrote:
Also, TGD6 is able to play hacked "ROM"s stored on FDS disks.

Are there any software that can do these conversions? or do I have to hack the roms manually?

'pix

PS: Have'nt done any coding on 6502 devices since my c64 programming days in the 80s and early 90s Smile
Memblers

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpix wrote:

Are there any software that can do these conversions? or do I have to hack the roms manually?

Probably manually, but I do know there are some hacks available to run certain games on a Dr. PC Jr (which might use entirely different memory mapping for all I know). There are also some "FFE" mapper hacks floating around the net (maybe not as common as they used to be), but I don't know if that's similar or not either.

If you have to get the game on an FDS disk before you can run it, I can imagine there probably isn't much info about it on the net (I'd like to know, if there is).. those disks are fairly obscure.

If you want to try hacking it though, a good starting point might be Brad Taylor's FDS Loader.
http://nesdev.parodius.com/fdsloadr.zip
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you have to hack the games manually. The ROMs on the net don't help because there are two parts to FC copier games: the hacked game, and the trainer. Trainers aren't included with the hacked ROMs. There are no programs released because every game has very different needs. I personally haven't had any luck getting Brad Taylors FDSLoader to even work, but if it were to, FC copiers require the first disk to contain over 65500 bytes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: