ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SF3 to PC Parallel Port Adaptor *RARE*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that what you're looking for?

http://aoboroc.googlepages.com/
madman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There ya go.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link. I haven't used Veroboard/stripboard before but it looks pretty straight forward. The image in there is a little bit confusing though. I understand where you are supposed to cut the tracks.

But there are those groups of CD and LTP pins on the right that, are they all just being grounded? Meaning I'd wire from the LTP connector and the CD connector pins to that massive grounding strip?

I see some capacitor between +5 and Ground, a few direct CD to LTP connections. The the 74LS244 with various LTP and CD connector pins. Is that about all?

When a line goes through another line straight, that means it doesn't or does connect to that track? Or does there have to be a dot? I'm just asking because I've never really had to read a schematic like this before. I'm certain I can put it together, so long as I understand what I'm supposed to build. =)
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to email the guy at gamedoctorhk.com and see if he will offer the CD7 PCB's again. I was lucky to buy one before he took them out of his store.

Hopefully if someone else gets one of his, they can make a step by step tutorial for guys like me that aren't very good with schematics.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can get a hold of a digital camera I will take some pictures when I build with veroboard. I don't think too much info is lacking but some nice pictures would make things more clear.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I scanned the CD7 PCB that I got from gamedoctorhk.com I am trying to get him to offer the CD7 PCB again since when he did, he had many in stock and it is professionally made.

Front of the PCB:

Back of the PCB:

PCB with included parts (I think this is where they should go):

Picture of my GDSF3 with Parallel Card (doesn't say if it's just parallel or parallel+CD-ROM):
madman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eastbayarb wrote:
Hopefully if someone else gets one of his, they can make a step by step tutorial for guys like me that aren't very good with schematics.

Kyuusaku already gave you the step by step instructions. The board is even silk screened to tell you which parts go where. What more do you want? You have the parts list, you have a board silk screened with the part numbers. Part A goes in part A socket. What's so difficult about that?
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plugged this Parallel Port Adapter in my GDSF3 but saw no CD-ROM option. Does the GDSF3 need to have a certain BIOS in order to use a CD-ROM drive? The BIOS on mine is V3.21
MottZilla

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will not "see a CD option". From what I understand, you need to hold the L button (or maybe L and R buttons) when you turn on your system so it says "LINKING...". It will then "link" to the CDROM. It should ask for you to put a disc in if you haven't and once you have it'll I believe, give you a box where you type in the ROM filename of the game you want to load from the CD. There will not be a file selector or anything fancy.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MottZilla wrote:
You will not "see a CD option". From what I understand, you need to hold the L button (or maybe L and R buttons) when you turn on your system so it says "LINKING...". It will then "link" to the CDROM. It should ask for you to put a disc in if you haven't and once you have it'll I believe, give you a box where you type in the ROM filename of the game you want to load from the CD. There will not be a file selector or anything fancy.

holding down L does nothing, holding down R puts the GDSF3 in english mode, and holding L + R doesn't do anything. Perhaps there is another way. I have tried a bunch of different combos but no luck getting a linking option.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was just guessing maybe it would be similar to SF6 and SF7. Perhaps you have to activate the parallel linking some other way on GDSF3, I'm sure someone here probably knows, just not me.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eastbayarb :

I confirm that hold 'R' when power on your console, then it will show 'LINKING..' And my GDSF3 bios is v3.1

Because on the case it have two option, one is for GDSF, one is for Pro Fighter. It make by CCL, not original. They want to save cost, so, they don't make two different case. They use same case, but inside is different. You can open your adapter and check inside is same as mine or not. If it is the same, then I think maybe the eprom inside have different software.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomy wrote:
eastbayarb :

I confirm that hold 'R' when power on your console, then it will show 'LINKING..' And my GDSF3 bios is v3.1

Because on the case it have two option, one is for GDSF, one is for Pro Fighter. It make by CCL, not original. They want to save cost, so, they don't make two different case. They use same case, but inside is different. You can open your adapter and check inside is same as mine or not. If it is the same, then I think maybe the eprom inside have different software.

Tomy,

I have the parallel port/CD-ROM adaptor that is shown in this posting and I hold down R when powering on my console, but it just displays english language.

Here is mine:

Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems it is the same, please check the back of your adapter. There have 3 points. Middle is short, others are open.

If it is the same too, then I think :

1) It is damaged
2) Bad contact from your sf3 slot
3) Maybe rom is different ?? (Normally will not different)

If your adapter really damaged, I can help you to repair it after I crack the PEEL chip.

gdsf3_adaptor_back.jpg
 Description:
Back of the adapter
 Filesize:  63.4 KB
 Viewed:  20202 Time(s)

gdsf3_adaptor_back.jpg

RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomy,

I got my parallel port adaptor from your friend at www.gamedoctorhk.com

Here is what it looks like in the back:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: