ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SF3 to PC Parallel Port Adaptor *RARE*
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: SF3 to PC Parallel Port Adaptor *RARE* Reply with quote

SF3 don't have parallel port. With this adaptor, you can connect SF3 to PC parallel port. It is make by CCL (Clone). Original is from BUNG, but I losed it long time ago. I hope this one is working.

sf3_com1.jpg
 Description:
Front View
 Filesize:  74.68 KB
 Viewed:  32465 Time(s)

sf3_com1.jpg

sf3_com2.jpg
 Description:
Inside View
 Filesize:  112.14 KB
 Viewed:  32464 Time(s)

sf3_com2.jpg

Last edited by Tomy on Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I'd love to get one of those...

It's written PRINTER CARD and CDROM, isn't it possible to plug an external CD-ROM too?
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is for sale, I will buy it!

eastbayarb@gmail.com
TheShadowRunner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomy, before you sell/discard/store it, please copy the design for the "Pro Fighter Parallel port adapter"!
The parallel port plug on the side is SO MUCH MORE convenient!
I wouldn't think twice about buying TTK "Pro Fighter Parallel port adapter" if it had the same design as this one, that's for sure.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without an enclosure the weight of the cable to the side would make it pretty easy to tilt the PCB out of the connector or just put stress on it.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice if you clone it. Make it less hard to find.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got one of these from Tomy's friend website. The label is in much better condition than the one above. I remember having one of these way back and it had no label and came in a box. When using one of these with a GDSF3, does the GDSF3 need to be upgraded to utilize the CD-ROM drive?
DoctorBackup

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Hope Tomy Clones these just like he did the Pro FIghter adapter. There are alot of SF3 users out there that would be happy to buy one im sure.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoctorBackup wrote:
I Hope Tomy Clones these just like he did the Pro FIghter adapter. There are alot of SF3 users out there that would be happy to buy one im sure.

I will happily let Tomy use mine if he can clone it. Now if he can only clone a CD7....
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

? It looks like Tomy has one to take the picture. I dunno if it's worth cloning in the long run, there are only so many GDSF3 "powerusers". The Pro Fighter adapter at least works on different models, including good ones.
madman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eastbayarb wrote:
Now if he can only clone a CD7....

You already have the board to do so and the plans already exist for others who wish to make their own interface board. Why would you want Tomy to duplicate something that already exists?
MottZilla

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree kyuusaku, the GD3 isn't worth supporting really. There's little point in doing so when the GD6 and GD7 are much better copiers.

I too wish that CD7 would be cloned and made available as I would like to have one. I missed out on the PCBs that were being sold. Ofcourse, I wish that someone would clone the whole thing, plastic housing and all, but I realize that could be expensive.

I ended up finding a cheap old laptop instead that I'm going to try to use for parallel link when it gets here, alot cheaper than buying a CD7 or even building my own. While the CD7 has the advantage of being an all in one solution, a PC link is cheaper for sure.

On the CD7 subject, does anyone have a video of how it is actually used? I've heard that when you go to load a game you don't get a directory listing but instead you have to put in the filename of what you want to play or something like that. Details would be nice.
madman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mott, it's actually a pretty simple circuit to wire up on perfboard if you're handy w/soldering. I bought a couple of the drives off EBay for next to nothing and also found a couple old LPT CD-ROM drives w/enclosures there for cheap. You can replace the drives in the enclosures w/the MKE drives and put the interface board in there.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soldering is no problem for me, is there a document available of how to build the circuit? I have no problem building it as long as I can get the parts and info needed. I did see someone on NESDEV had done what you described, there was an external drive enclosure with parallel port on the back. I'm guessing you use the enclosure for powering the drive, and is the parallel port good to go as-is or do you have to rewire or anything?

If you can give me the details I'll definitely put it together cause that would be sweet to have it independent of the PC. And it would look really sweet. =)
madman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you google for something like "thedumper gdsf cd rom plans" or something like that, I think you'll find them. If not, I can try to find them on an old computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: