ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Supercom Special / Special Partner 64M

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Supercom Special / Special Partner 64M Reply with quote

I have 3 of those and they all come with different memory boards but claim to support 64M. So I gave it a try and soldered 2 4MBx4bit chips I recently got from a bunch of SIMMs. Here's the result:

The 64M are recognized.

I haven't thoroughly tested the devices yet coz the FDDs are sensitive or defective but one simple memory bank switch on the screen was enough to crash the device. Rather than looping back from Bank 7 to Bank 1 it would continue up to Bank 11 and crash.

Unlike the GDSF which recalculates the size of the memory banks depending on the amount of total memory installed, this copier always provides 4Mb memory banks.

My guess is that later version of this copier as the DSP Fighter might be able to handle those 64M or more. Actually I have seen some 128M stickers on some Special Partner but never saw these memory boards...if someone is keen to post a photo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: