ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Earthbound on a Backup Device

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdiablo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Earthbound on a Backup Device Reply with quote

Is it possible to play earthbound (normally, not the anti piracy hard mode) on a copier. I want to play the game with the uncensored patch found here. Anyone know if its possible?
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Earthbound on a Backup Device Reply with quote

cdiablo wrote:
Is it possible to play earthbound (normally, not the anti piracy hard mode) on a copier. I want to play the game with the uncensored patch found here. Anyone know if its possible?

I seem to remember playing this on my SWC DX2 way back in the day, but of course, not with the Mother 2 to Earthbound uncensored patch. I will test it with that patch and get back to you with the results

*EDIT* I downloaded the patch and applied it with Easy EB Patch. Seems to work fine on my SWC DX2
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ofcourse it's possible. The only games that don't work on Copier backup devices are games with co-processor chips in them such as DSP, Super FX, SA-1, etc. Earthbound is a regular game. Also most anti piracy code is just a simple SRAM size check, which any good copier will support and if it doesn't like older copiers you can use UCON64 to crack the protection. The only non-SRAM protection in a SNES game I'm aware of is Mega Man X which uses a ROM mirroring protection where if the check fails it makes the game brutally hard, if I recall you are unable to retain any armor power ups you obtain after completing a level, or something like that.

I think it's pretty cool when a protection isn't obvious but instead just makes the game brutal.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That earthbound game, while it works, sometimes displays graphic issues. I don't know if it's the ROM/patch, but whatever.

Mega man X2 uses the C3 chip and X3 uses the C4 chip if I remember, as well as protection which makes it unplayable on copiers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: