ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WoW SUPER FLASH 64M released
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bob

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: WoW SUPER FLASH 64M released Reply with quote

Today I noticed that a Super Flash Card is released finally. How much does it cost, because there is no price yet. Please don't make it too expensive Smile When can you order it? And for what is the CIC-161 chip???

Best
Jagasian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the T-connector required for DSP games?
DjoeN

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, as soon as the price is listed and the add to basket button i buy one complete with all options (cic chip)

Smile

Then i can take my old copybox back to it's box and store it in a safe place

Smile

And i'll do it asap before Nintendo takes any action Very Happy
ketotot

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the T-Connector is for use with DSP roms.
I hope it also works for SFX/SFX2 supported roms like Starfox and Mega Man X2/X3.
Jagasian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they could support FX chips and other special chips via the T-connector, then the Super Flash will sell like hot cakes!!!
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works with DSP-1 games, thats it, not even DSP-2 etc. Its not possible for it to work with SFX/C4 or any other as mentioned in the item's description. If you would like to copy those other games, feel free to buy them and replace the mask rom with some sort of programmable memory.
DjoeN

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wel i ordered all of the snes kit.

As far as i can understand it doesn't support SA-1 / SuperFx / RISCDSP
THIS AS BACKUP, nothing mentions it doesn't playback those roms once flashed. but anyway if it doesn't support it i'll keep all those special chip based games before selling off some other games Smile

I hope it works like all other tototek products i have, Flawless Smile

And now i can go to work to make a case for the T-Connector piece Smile
ketotot

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered the set too. I already have the games that use the special chips, like Mega Man X3, Street Fighter Alpha 2, etc, so if the T-Connector doesn' t help support those types of roms, no big deal.
I mainly want this set so I can play the Japanese roms that have been translated to English like Tales of Phantasia and some others.
thecollector

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how does the T piece work? does it plug into the Snes, then the flash card onto it, and then a DSP cartridge into the back of it? Or does it just work in conjuction with the flash cartridge and no DSP games are needed for the back of it? Also, is it likely that Tototek will release different versions of the T piece, each enabling a different hardware variation, i.e super fx, dsp2 etc etc.
DjoeN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need the T-piece when you want to play whatever rom flashed.
If you don't want to use the T-Piece you need to get the CIC 161, but i bet the CIC 161 doesn't support all, the t-connector i bet you can use different game card's (original) to support the different kinds of save, or boot-up.

I don't think tototek will bring out different t-connectors for different games.

And for the games that use special hardware, wel, go buy them from e-bay or somewhere, there cheap enough and most or worth the second hand buy.

As far as country region protection etc... goes (Donkey Kong 3 and more...) all my snes consoles are modded to switch to 50/60hz and country, also country protection chip is disabled and the are all modded to fit US carts.

When we find faults, maybe tototek can bring out an updated hardware if it's worth, otherwise tototek can keep on working on the N64 flasher, so it comes faster Smile

I do hope nintendo does not take legal action against tototek like the did with Bung a few years ago. Nintendo is keen on getting down all online shops and other things that produce / sells backup/flash kits even if it's for an old console.

Now let's get a wonderswan flashkit Smile
Jagasian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in purchasing other T-connectors that support other special chips.
rally9x

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody had a superflasher ship yet? I ordered mine a couple days ago and it still says Waitting for ship / Invisilive order. Tomy hasn't responding to e-mails asking him if its shipped yet and I got no confirmation after I sent paypal...I'm so excited about getting one I just can't wait anymore.
ketotot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered one a few days ago too. I don't know if it's been shipped yet, as I haven't received any confirmation about payment either.
Oh well, I guess that's normal for this site though.
Tongueman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rally9x wrote:
Has anybody had a superflasher ship yet? I ordered mine a couple days ago and it still says Waitting for ship / Invisilive order. Tomy hasn't responding to e-mails asking him if its shipped yet and I got no confirmation after I sent paypal...I'm so excited about getting one I just can't wait anymore.

Which is odd, because the order confirmation always says they'll ship "the same day or the next day."... Evil or Very Mad

Mine's still waiting to ship. And, what on earth is "Invisilive" supposed to mean???
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjoeN wrote:
but i bet the CIC 161 doesn't support all

It's a CIC chip, there are only 2 types, NTSC and PAL... You need to match the chip with one from whatever country you're from. e.g. if you're using a NTSC SNES/SFC you can use Tototek's 161 clone. If you're using a PAL SNES, (assuming that the 161 clone is not compatible with PAL) you'll need to desolder a CIC out of any (yes, they're ALL the same!) PAL game and put it in the socket. SFC games don't have protection through boot schemes like N64.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: