ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Special delivery!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Special delivery! Reply with quote

Ok this time I got a really special delivery...13 copiers!...well more or less...

The guy came to my place with 20+ units and asked for some help...I bought a few devices and he left me the rest as spare parts....

Let's start with the Super Disk Interceptor from Sane Ting...weird device...It's self powered, has its RAM soldered on the board (apparently it can be extended but with different memory package)

It uses a proprietary OS incompatible with DOS, I believe I spotted some special tools on the net for this machine. I guess these are the same as the one used for the Mega Disk Interceptor

Ok here's an interesting one, the Twin Supercom...I was sure it was a simple profighter until I opened the case.

It's an unknown design, it's self powered, and when u switch it on u get...a UFO Pro6 menu! Only that there are a few modifications. On the BIOS side, ACTION REPLAY has been replaced with "SPECIAL GAMES". The difference?
Well if you look at the following pics...

Here we go again with the Hi-Rom mod!

When you load some games it seems to recognize some patterns and apply some ACTION REPLAY patches which I believe goes along with that hardware Hi-Rom mod...I need to run some more tests and I'll dump the BIOS too for you guys to see if we finally can have a proper "Hi-Rom mod recipe".

I tested the rest of the "spare parts" and surprisingly most of them work, well at least boot up...
I got some Turbo Fighter, Special Partner, Smart Disc, PFX, Pro9...mostly SPF, PFQ and PFX clones.

Last but not least I dumped a v6 BIOS of the FX64 but I'm not sure it dumped the right memory addresses.
I also noticed the Turbo 32X that the guy brought has the last known v6.4...got too lazy to swap the FDD to dump this one.
But I believe the built-in CDROM functions are already available on the v6.0...hope we can get some info from it.

FX64.zip
 Description:
I took off the copier's header and merged the 2 files

Download
 Filename:  FX64.zip
 Filesize:  17.01 KB
 Downloaded:  404 Time(s)

CrackLtd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, holy crap. Shocked
rbudrick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa! What kind of place do you work at and where?! Very Happy

-Rob
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbudrick wrote:
Whoa! What kind of place do you work at and where?! Very Happy

-Rob

Hehe, Bangkok, for the last 7 years...unfortunately I'll have to go back to Paris soon for at least for 3 months so I won't be carrying this precious lot with me, though I'll sure keep it safe somewhere Crying or Very sad

Like most guys on this forum I was in the SNES scene in the 90's and got back into copiers recently after I spotted some on a golden "junk market"Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: