ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

problem playing games on game doctor sf6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psi_87

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: problem playing games on game doctor sf6 Reply with quote

ok i just bought a game doctor sf6 from tototek. the first game i tried "battletoads in battlemaniacs" works after using the floppy disk to copy. the next two games i tried, "earthbound" and "actraiser" come up with corrupted graphics but the sound works. i tried transferring the games using the parallel port and floppy disk using ucon64. i tried cracking it and using fixes using ucon64. is it possible these two games don't work? i tried different dumps also.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is strange. Your snes is Pal ? or NTSC ?

First thing you need to try is selftest your SF6. (Find it in SF6 on screen menu) If ram test ok, then your SF6 should be ok.
psi_87

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my snes is ntsc. i did selftest and the ram is ok. i was wondering if it is whether i'm suppose to crack the rom before i convert or if there's something i'm suppose to do with the rom before i copy it to the sf6.
madman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Protection wouldn't cause corrupt graphics. Did you try cleaning the connectors on the SF6?
psi_87

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just blew air on them. i didn't really think the contacts would be it because the sf6 menu is fine and so as one of the games i tried. but at this point i'll give it a shot.
madman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the current rating on your power supply?
ozzy2k

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried other tools than ucon64 to convert it to game doctor format.
with this emulator http://www.zophar.net/snes/super-sleuth.html you can convert it to a game doctor format. with this emulator i get any game to work on the sf6. other tools are snestool.
are the floppydisk you use new or old one? did you change the floppydrive?
psi_87

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i tried cleaning the contacts on the sf6 and passthrough connector. tried sleuth to convert the roms and i still get the same result of corrupted graphics and gameplay. the menu still works fine, but also playing the games by running off the cart on the sf6 results in the same way. the selftest still shows that everything is ok but maybe there is still a problem with the h/w or the passthrough connector? btw the rating of my adapter is 12v, 1.5A max
MottZilla

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you try another SNES console? Or try cleaning the console's connector with the proper cleaning kit.
psi_87

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately i don't have another snes console to test it on but it does function fine with regular snes games though
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: