ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

newbe question about CIC Chip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
galine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: newbe question about CIC Chip Reply with quote

I whant eventualy buy a super flash card and I have pal and ntsc system I would like use the card directely without T connector but for that I must have a CIC Chip from the same region like machine.

And it's for that I would like know if I can install a dual CIC Chip on the super flash card?

I think it's possible with 2 CIC Chip one pal and one ntsc with a kill switch on the VDC but maybe I must switch another pin who the vdc?

thank you in advance
botulismo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the possibility of installing two CIC chips but I think it is possible to patch ROMs to go into PAL or NTSC format, so if there's a game that's PAL and you had and NTSC CIC chip, for example, you could patch it to be NTSC, and vice versa. So you would only need a CIC chip from one region and the ability to patch the ROM. Ucon64 used with the -f switch should be able to remove the region protection from a ROM.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could probably be done but you'd need to manually add your own switch like you described which can be difficult to do and make it look nice. I don't see what is so bad about having to use the T-Connector on one of your systems. Alternatively you could disable the lockout chip in one of your systems (like the PAL one) and order the Super Flash with a NTSC CIC chip installed. You could also ask Tomy specifically if he can do any sort of dual CIC thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: