ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

which SNES copier can play SuperFX games?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
system64

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: which SNES copier can play SuperFX games? Reply with quote

I'm interested in a SNES copier which can play SuperFX games. I would like to play Starfox 2 and it's probably cheaper and easier to buy a copier which can do this instead of building a cartridge.

According to various sources the Super Pro Fighter Q can do that. I can also remember that a member of the assemblergames forums had one running Rendering Ranger, which is a SuperFX game.

So which copier does have this ability and what do I need to get it work with Starfox 2?
MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renderering Ranger R2 is not a Super FX game.

There is no copier anywhere that can load a Super FX ROM file and play it. Due to the design of the Super FX cartridge there is no way to use a real cartridge to play a ROM on your copier or anything like that either. The only way to play Star Fox 2 is via Emulation or putting the ROM in a real Super FX cartridge.

Again, no Copier anywhere will play Super FX games or any other chip game with the sole exception of DSP-1 games because of the way that chip works is different than most others.
system64

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh what a pity Sad

I'm sorry about Rendering Ranger, I thought it is a SuperFX game because I remember a review in a videogames magazine where they mentioned the use of the SuperFX chip in that game.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No reason to be sorry about it. Lots of misinformation is out there about what games use special chips. People have mentioned Donkey Kong Country as one too.
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't some copiers can play FX games via its pass through port? Or are most copiers not wired up correctly for this?
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard some can play the cartridge plugged into them. Star Fox will play on GDSF units. But Star Fox is Mario Chip, not GSU-1 or GSU-2 (SuperFX). It is built a bit differently. Mega Man X2 and X3 which use Cx4 don't work on my GDSF. Doom (GSU-2 SuperFX) doesn't work on it either. I don't have any other chip games besides Mario Kart which I assume works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: