ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

game gear flash cart NT PORT issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> SMS-PRO Flash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scaramouche

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject: game gear flash cart NT PORT issue Reply with quote

Come on Tomy.. is so frustrating. Is difficult to get stuff from Hong Kong and make these pass customs. I come to my house, canīt wait for using the GG flash cart on my GAME GEARS: what i find?

My P4 windows XP computer donīt recognize it. Show me an error about NT PORT DRIVER.

The info in the forum is more complicated than programming in Java handcuffed and with the eyes covered.

And whatīs this about "Install version 2.1, then use the 2.3 exe?" . I read a lot of more people has the same problem. I use the GB linker on the same machine without problem (ok is dificult to detect the GB smart card but at some pint it does) but i waste hours trying all and i canīt see the content of my gg cart due to that NT PORT problem. I used an old machine, i used a parallel port. Whatīts going on?

I think you need to explain very clear what we need to do in order to get this cart runing. Is not a cheap item at all, in fact it cost near the same than 2 GG units. So i think we deserve a full tutorial an explanation and a more easy way to get it runing.

I am not talking about USB, ok. Not about USB LTP adapters, ok. But at least make it possible to run on any LTP parallel port , and easy to understand how.

I want to get fun, to pay that ammoun to be tortured during hours trying to get that card runs after fight with customs employees, i really feel like a masochist.

Improve your soft , or improve your tutorial, or launch a driver. I want this one runing, how more old must be my machine man????? Is a p4 with Parallel Port!!!!

The product itself looks cool (i tested the precharged games) but for me is just a big GG multicart at this moment. Not fair.

I suggest to any potential buyer to wait and see an clear answer to buy these cards. A clear tutorial, an example on how to fix EASILY the NT PORT problem before buy if you donīt want to pay for just suffering and fry your brain.

Give us that favor Tomy, please.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your order number ? I can't find your order. When you order it ?

First, check if you can run GG Pro on your Game Gear. Because inside have test rom. If it can run, then GG Pro hardware is good. But if you erase it before you test, then of course it is no screen.

NT Port error mean you don't have a file call "zlportio.sys" inside DreamWriter directory. Please check if it is there ?

After that, make sure you set EPP printer port mode from bios setup. And you need to have right cables. Parallel cable (switch box extension cable or call straight cable, no cross pin) and USB cable.

First install version 2.1, then download and copy v2.3 exe to the same install directory to instead of v2.1.exe. If you can't do that, I can make for you.

When you flash the cart, hold the DB25 connector to plug the cables. Because GG Po PCB is very thin.
scaramouche

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your order number ? I can't find your order. When you order it ?

- # 462, M.G. my initials i get it yesterday.

First, check if you can run GG Pro on your Game Gear. Because inside have test rom. If it can run, then GG Pro hardware is good. But if you erase it before you test, then of course it is no screen.

- I am able to see a menu and play some games on my GG on the Game Gear.

NT Port error mean you don't have a file call "zlportio.sys" inside DreamWriter directory. Please check if it is there ?

- Were can i get that file?

After that, make sure you set EPP printer port mode from bios setup. And you need to have right cables. Parallel cable (switch box extension cable or call straight cable, no cross pin) and USB cable

-Yes i use that cable and i used on the GB transferer and works fine. Usb cable is there too.Will try to do that about the BIOS.. but at this moment i donīt have idea what exactly means..

First install version 2.1, then download and copy v2.3 exe to the same install directory to instead of v2.1.exe. If you can't do that, I can make for you.

- I already did it Tomy. But IMHO.. why donīt you put a ready for using pack on download section?

When you flash the cart, hold the DB25 connector to plug the cables. Because GG Po PCB is very thin.

- I donīt understand this last part.

Well i will try to follow what i miss, and see. Perhaps this can be a reference for proper use on that card.

Regards

M.G.
scaramouche

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: I tried ALL, nothing works Reply with quote

All what you instructed was done:

1- Soft 2.1 installed
2- Soft 2.3 exe replaced on the folder
3- the proper .sys file on place
4- EPP printer mode setup
5- usb connected to GG flash cart
6- printer parallel port connected on pc and on the card

No longer NT PORT issue, but computer doesnīt show me the card. Only shows 0 bytes 0 free space. I put the card on my GAME GEAR and i am able to play X MEN, BOOBLE BOOBLE, etc. So the card has some games.

But i am not able to make the computer recognize and see the card.

I tested the parallel port with GAMEBOY TRANSFERER II and works fine, software recognize any GB card or SMART CARD from printer port.

Is really really embarrasing to deal with that card. I read about 30 forums last days. Install this, do this. I tried softwares that suppose to enable that port. Nothing seems to work. The GG PRO for me at this point is just a regular GG cartdrige with several pre installed games, a very expensive one.

I am not the only one: if you read the forums most of people have the same problem. So i think Tomy you need to find a solution. We are not talking about "make this card works on my new Acer Aspire", but come on.. we only want to get it working at any standar working Pentium 4 with parallel port..

What supposed to do? Should i buy several old pcs now and test all and see which one works with the GG PRO?

It makes no sense. The product is cool, the idea is nice. But you need to include some drivers or reasonable soft solution please.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GB Transferer is different, it don't use EPP function as I remember. You need to sure you setted EPP mode from bios setup. If it has version v1.9 and version 1.7. Then select version 1.9 maybe better. Please check the picture below, you must set the same port address as your bios setup. At last, when you run DreamWriter, is it show v2.3 ? Only v2.3 support GG Pro now.

config.jpg
 Description:
Printer Port Address $0378
 Filesize:  33.77 KB
 Viewed:  8568 Time(s)

config.jpg

scaramouche

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Finally i got it working Reply with quote

Hi Tomy...

Well it was not easy at all but i finally keep it working fine. And i am very excited about the GG PRO. To be honest the Game Gear used to be not one of my favorites consoles. But thanks to your GG PRO, i am really engaged with it all day now Smile Lot of games that are not available and i only played on emulators i can see them running on the GG.

Once the card is running i feel it cost every cent i paid and every work i did to make it work.

I think i found exactly what is the error some WINDOWS XP users are facing and i have plans to prepare a full tutorial Tomy, step by step . I need to mention 2 additional freewares are needed. I donīt want nobody passing for all that confusion as me. Is very easy once you know what to do.

I will prepare ( i need a little time) a full document , and i hope everybody can enjoy this card.

The card itself is AMAZING. Some games runs even better than the original cartdriges (i tested Adams Family and Sonic 2, and definitely the games looks more brighter and smooth from the card than from original cartdrige)

Congratulations Tomy for this great work. Please, stand by me on promoting this. I hope to write a full review about this very very cool invention. Smile

Ok, is a little complicated to make it work.. but is just about get an aditional free software , change some values and have a good tutorial all in one place. I definitely will do it.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. Waitting for your tutorial. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> SMS-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: