ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chrono Trigger problems and more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rally9x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Chrono Trigger problems and more. Reply with quote

In Chrono Trigger (american) the dialoague is all messed up. The text boxs are all white until text apears and the first couple letters are cut off. Anybody else have this problem? I think I may have a bad card. I'm having multiple bad problems. Tales of Phantasia won't run. When I have a bunch of games loaded and usually only one will run. Front Mission with hard coded translation crashes when you enter your name. Don't know what to do. So far I think only Contra III will run. My cart came with two roms already loaded is this normal?
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cart come with two roms, one is Tales of Phantasia. Why it can run ? So, it is not bad card for sure. Some game have region protect, some different format, .... The solve method is change its format and use ucon64 to hack it. When I have time , I'll check Tales of Phantasia (translated). I think it is different format problem. Thanks for your info. Any other games can not play or problem , feel free to post here.

-Tomy
rally9x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I'm having troubles with a lot of games(pretty much everything tested over 8Mb.

1. Chrono Trigger: Dialogue boxs are all white and the text overwrites them then with the correct look. The first letters of everything is cut off.

2. Final Fantasy III: Will not run. This is from a rom that I ripped from the original!

3. Translated Tales of P: no run.

4. Castlevania Dracula X: Runs so far but it gives me that dialogue box at the end of programing

5.Translated Front Mission: Crashes right at the start where you are supposed to enter your name.

I don't think that any of these games use special chips so I don't know wahts going on.

Work fine so far without dialogue appearing at the end of programming either: James Pond 2 and Wings 2 that I ripped from cart. Both 4mb carts. Also contra III seemed to run fine.

I'm using software version 2.33 becuase my super flasher programming froze entirely with the 2.3 software. Maybe you could put out a program that tests the card like you have for the Sega MD/Gen cards.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After flashing, the software will verify the cart. So, if it has problem, the software will show it to you. Just uploaded a tool to let you play Tales of Phantasia (translated). Check my another post.
Your SNES is PAL or NTSC ? Which model ? Thanks
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrono Trigger is tested. All ok. included Translated Chrono Trigger.
rally9x, can you take photo from screen also can you take photo from Super Flash cart PCB. Want to check out our worker make mistake on PCB or not. And want to see what happen on screen. Thank you.
rally9x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if that verfy thing means its bad I've been having a lot errors. Castlevania will error about 8 out of 10 times but still run somewhat. Lufia and Chrono trigger would both run (chrono with problems) by themselves but when I put both of them on one cart with harvest moon only harvest moon would run. So it seems like after a certain part of the flash something goes wrong. I'll try and take pictures of the cart and a picture of the TV with problems. I have an American NTSC SNES.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the software can flash the cart, then the flash chip will be ok. That's mean the cart is no problem. Like you say, if you put two roms only one is ok. Then it look like your multi-boot file was damaged or not compatible for Super Flasher 2.33. Please check. Thanks
rally9x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what will the flash software say if there is something wrong with the cart?
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Flasher have verify function. After it flashed the cart, it will verify with rom image. If something wrong, it will come up a window say which byte is wrong. So, if you flashed it with no window come up, then it is no problem about your cart. Super Flasher v2.33 have double verify function, so , it is slower. Please check your cart is ok first. Then check your multi-boot menu is good or not.
rally9x

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah thats what I'm talking about. When I flash anything over probably like 8Mb it gives me a pop up that says verfy and gives me this big huge Bit Dump so I'm thinking its the card. The card looks like its any pretty good shape but there looks to be a very small piece of soder on the Intel flash that may be connecting a couple of the of the metal feet/stands. I'll send pictures tonight but I doubt that you will be able to see it.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's normal about the solder on intel chip. Intel chip has three legs solder together. It is ok. So, now your problem is flashing problem. Because you can not flash ok without error. You can try Super Flasher v2.33 first. If it still can not. Then please try another PC. Then maybe it is timming problem. If the cart can flashed without error. Then data inside the cart is ok, it must can run.
rally9x

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using 2.33. I will try it on a differnt computer tonight. If that doesn't work I'll tell you.
rally9x

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flash seems to work on another much much slower computer. Maybe you would like to know my system specs to see if you can resolve this issue. Thanks for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: