ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Powerpak actually works on a super 8 converter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Powerpak actually works on a super 8 converter Reply with quote

I have a powerpak (nes flashcart with compact flash slot) with 512mb CF card and I usually use it with my AV famicom (with NES to famicom adaptor) Well, I recently got a super 8 converter (play famicom and NES games on a SNES/SFC system) and even though retrousb.com states that the powerpak won't work with famicom clones like the NEX or any NOAC (NESon a chip) system, it worked great with my super 8! What's better is titles like the flintstones or mario 3 don't have jumpy graphics on the bottom of the screen (they do on a regular system).
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously it will work on some clones, the author only states it won't because there's no way to ensure compatibility with all the clones out there and people apply dumb logic to electronics like if that clone works, this clone works. Another reason is that when the PowerPak was released, MMC5 was supposed to be supported. MMC5 relies on very strict bus protocol to work, and since clones may not adhere to the protocol, it's possible for mappers to be incompatible. If there was a way to positively make it incompatible with clones, if I were him I'd definitely do it to cut down on the userbase.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you explain games like mario 3, and the flintstones to work better on a clone with the PowerPak rather than it not working as well with the PowerPak and an official system (in my case, an AV Famicom)?
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the most recent MMC3 mapper has a broken IRQ counter so the status bars are "glitchy", right now he uses a hack to make it "work".
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyuusaku wrote:
Because the most recent MMC3 mapper has a broken IRQ counter so the status bars are "glitchy", right now he uses a hack to make it "work".

i remember you mentioning you got some unsupported games to work. Care to share?
Joe_Cracker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGB_Gamer, can you post a demo video on youtube proving that this thing works?

Retro Duo 2.0 Demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgAQYIx9zb8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: