ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where can I get a Super Magicom?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> User Buy/Sell, and Request stuff here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Videogamer555

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Where can I get a Super Magicom? Reply with quote

Does anybody know of any website that currently has a Super Magicom in stock? Or does anybody have one of their own they'd be willing to sell?
MottZilla

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be better off finding a Super Wildcard, which is the newer version of the Magicom.
madman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you want a Super Magicom? I believe the biggest size game they support is 16M.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But they use the impossible-to-convert Magicom file format!
Videogamer555

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyuusaku wrote:
But they use the impossible-to-convert Magicom file format!

UCON64 can convert anything to anything with a simple command-line command.

But maybe my question wasn't clear.

I asked:

Does anybody know of any website that currently has a Super Magicom in stock? Or does anybody have one of their own they'd be willing to sell?

It's for historical reasons. In the "scene" back in the 1990s when all the SNES game rips were coming out, the HUGE majority of game rom images (about 99% of them) had the SMC file extension. This means they were ripped by a Super Magicom device. So for historical reasons, I want a SMC (and "for historical reasons" does NOT mean I want a broken one, just that I DON'T want people trying to direct me to an SWC). I want to buy an SMC unit, period. If ANYBODY has one, or knowledge of a website where I can buy one, do not hesitate to provide me with this info.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess you missed my PM about me having a super magicom. Oh well.

good luck on your search
madman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Videogamer555 wrote:
It's for historical reasons. In the "scene" back in the 1990s when all the SNES game rips were coming out, the HUGE majority of game rom images (about 99% of them) had the SMC file extension. This means they were ripped by a Super Magicom device. So for historical reasons, I want a SMC (and "for historical reasons" does NOT mean I want a broken one, just that I DON'T want people trying to direct me to an SWC). I want to buy an SMC unit, period. If ANYBODY has one, or knowledge of a website where I can buy one, do not hesitate to provide me with this info.

No it doesn't. I was in "the scene" back in the heyday and know for a fact you're spouting shit.
xiaNaix

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't this forum have a ban function? Rolling Eyes
amptor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a super magicom...

why doesn't someone just send this guy a swc dx and be done with it all. sheesh.. if he is a collector then I guess I can sort-of understand although all of these devices will decay within or after 30 years after their original build date and just be piles of plastic, silicon, and fiberglass. just my thought... Seems Arb has a good idea in hawking off most of his collection before dooms day comes.

MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's silly that people think because most roms use the SMC extension that somehow that means it was dumped with a Super Magicom. By now I bet it'd be hard to find "scene" releases of games other than ones that had a trainer/intro hacked in. There's little historical about the Super Magicom that you couldn't just share with some pictures and maybe a video. By now it's obsolete even by other obsolete devices.
amptor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes and most copiers can accept most of the file formats because anything besides mgd format has a 512 byte header. the only backup unit I was having issues with was the gdsf7 because it liked roms with stripped headers. I guess this was when transferring over parallel port I forgot. I sold both of my gdsf7 because they suck.

I'd assume if you get a swc, swc dx, swc dx2, pro fighter, pro fighter x, etc you won't really have these issues.

in modern times I'd suggest just getting a flash cart or if you must just buy a swc dx2 from front. all the rest of this stuff is aged and who knows how long it will even last. some people argue to just use emulators but although I prefer the original console sometimes emulating the games is an easier way to go especially so that you won't have so much clutter like I do. I'm guessing that Arb figured out that he had way too much clutter in his house and decided to pawn it off. not a dumb move if you ask me.

Videogamer555

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amptor wrote:

in modern times I'd suggest just getting a flash cart or if you must just buy a swc dx2 from front. all the rest of this stuff is aged and who knows how long it will even last.

I've been to the current Front Far East. They now make their OWN games, they don't make game copiers anymore. Your suggestion is therefore filled with fail.
Videogamer555

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MottZilla wrote:
It's silly that people think because most roms use the SMC extension that somehow that means it was dumped with a Super Magicom.

What else WOULD it be dumped with. SWC is ONLY dumped by Super Wildcard. SMC is only dumped by Super Magicom. etc etc etc

MottZilla wrote:

By now I bet it'd be hard to find "scene" releases of games other than ones that had a trainer/intro hacked in.

Actually all the games you see at ROM sites are dumped by the scene. I mean who else WOULD dump them? "Sceners" are the large majority of the people who own game copiers.
amptor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Videogamer555 wrote:
amptor wrote:

in modern times I'd suggest just getting a flash cart or if you must just buy a swc dx2 from front. all the rest of this stuff is aged and who knows how long it will even last.

I've been to the current Front Far East. They now make their OWN games, they don't make game copiers anymore. Your suggestion is therefore filled with fail.

Did you make contact with them? Before going into some 4chanism tyrade might want to point out if you made contact with an actual person there or not. Or you could wait til someone posts one for sale on this board. Also I'm sure with the inflated price Tomy claims his friend wants for one, Tomy should be able to source one for a large sum of cash.

xiaNaix

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Quote:

What else WOULD it be dumped with. SWC is ONLY dumped by Super Wildcard. SMC is only dumped by Super Magicom. etc etc etc

Quote:

Actually all the games you see at ROM sites are dumped by the scene. I mean who else WOULD dump them? "Sceners" are the large majority of the people who own game copiers.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. This back-and-forth has been going on for almost a year now and all you've done is repeat the same questions over and over again and insult longtime members of this forum when they try to answer. You apparently think you know better than people who've been involved in this scene for 20 years or more. Please do us all a favor and find another hobby.

Last edited by xiaNaix on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> User Buy/Sell, and Request stuff here All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: