ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Different Hardware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thecollector

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Different Hardware Reply with quote

Is it possible that Tototek could release a different flash card for each hardware type game? Like each flash card could have the actual hardware required to run the game with the special chip, i.e. a flash card that has a super fx chip on it, to play super fx games, a flash card with dsp 3 on it, to run dsp 3 games. All of these different flash cards could be compatible with the original flash programmer. Just a thought anyway....
thecollector

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK that makes sense. I didnt know there were that little games that used a special chip. If some special chips cant be reproduced, can they be EMULATED? I mean say Tototek released a second version of the flash cartridge. But this one had a couple of extra rom chips on it ok. And one these rom chips were the software needed to emulate a hardware chip. And if tototek put about 6 extra rom chips on it, that would be 6 special chips that card could emulate, all selectable with a switch. Is this possible or just too costly and technical to produce? Its just a thought because I know these chips can be emulated as we seen with common Snes emulators. Cheers and thanks for the reply
Xperience

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok man u stole my idea for the chips selctable by qwitch thing and the emulating chips! i said either emulate the boot chips OR have the chips in different sockets and selectable by switch and i was talking aboiut N64 u fuckin dumbass u cant even make up ur own ideas u gotta steal someone elses! Mad Mad
thecollector

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK sorry if I "stole" your idea man, relax. I'm not looking for any credit here I am just eager to know if the idea will work. You can have all the glory and acclaim ok, that doesnt interest me. All I want is a complete and total solution for Snes Flash Technology. It kills me knowing there are certain games out there that just cant be flashed, so if we can get them all working, I'll be happy. Thats all Im interested in, so take a chill pill man
Xperience

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k sry man. but ne ways u cant emulate the chips on the snes and i gave tomy the code to emulate them on the N64 and he said he might implement it (which makes me feel special Smile ) But tomy cant incluse the chips only sockets to accomadate them and you would have to buy games with the chips and de-solder them from the boards.
thecollector

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem man. Anyway, why cant the snes special chips be emulated? They work in emulators so why cant they be burnt onto a rom chip? Fair play to you for the N64 I hope it will bring N64 flash technology here soon and more complete then the snes version. And as for the chips Tomy cant supply, were you talking about the snes or n64 chips?
Xperience

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i dont think the snes could emulate the chips because of its slow CPU i think the minum requirements for snes9x are like 60Mhz or something proll due to the processing power needed to emulate those chips and tomy would have to chargemmore money for the carts if he added onboard CPUs. And Tomy cant supply any of the chips cause nintendo will sue his asss of hes lucky they dont go after him for the snes cic-161 hes selling.
thecollector

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I get you now, that makes sense. The Snes cant emulate the chips as its too slow. Well then, back to square one. So its back to a hardware solution that is needed, what about this then? Could a new T Piece be designed? The new one would be a lot different from the existing one though. The flash cartridge could go on top, but instead of an original game going in the back there would be a row of switches. This T Piece would have a couple of different chip sockets right, and you would desolder all the special chips you could get from original cartridges, and solder them appropiately onto a T Piece socket (a socket for super fx, dsp etc etc), and then you would select which chip to activate with a switch and play the game. Forgive these far out ideas but there has to be a solution.....
Xperience

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no, thats a good idea BUT instead of soldering the cips (very hard since pins r close together) u have ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) Sockets so everyone can put the chip in their T-Connector.
thecollector

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah even better. So do you think this could work? I have no contact with Tomy is there any chance you could bring this to his attention. Thanks man
Xperience

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

next time he`s on msn i will tell him. Do you have msn? add me if u do stalker_mack_pot@hotmail.com or r there ne live chat rooms we could goto? i really wanna tlak ideas with you, you seem to have some good ones!
thecollector

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absoloutely, i am happy to share ideas and thoughts with you on these subjects. I have msn windows messenger ok, the only problem is I'm in Ireland (Dublin), and your in Canada so wont there be a big time window to deal with there. Anyway its 22:00 here now so I'm heading off now, I'll add your address tomorrow and see if your online. Cheers man
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: