ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Successfully Configuring a PCI Parallel Adapter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Armathrillo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Successfully Configuring a PCI Parallel Adapter Reply with quote

This may not be a one-size-fits-all solution for everyone using add-on parallel cards, but it's definitely an important note for those of us with good hardware and bad settings. I'm using a SIIG CyberParallel PCI card with full ECP+EPP support. It really seemed like it should've worked with Super Flash, but it didn't. At least, not at first.

The problem was with the port I/O addressing. Super Flasher's setup screen only allows for 0278, 02F8, 0378, and 03F8, which are common addresses for on-motherboard parallel ports. However, my PCI parallel card uses completely different addresses, that happen to be totally unchangable in Windows XP. If you're like me, and this is your only problem, you might be in luck:

1) First, open your parallel port in Device Manager. (pic)

2) Set the port to never use an interrupt, enable legacy plug and play, and set the port number to LPT1. (pic)
(These settings aren't all 100% necessary, but things sure seem to work more smoothly for me with this configuration.)

3) Note the first listed address in your parallel card's I/O range. (pic)

4) Open GGM.ini, located in your Super Flasher folder. Change the first line to reflect the 4-digit I/O address from step 3. Save and close. (pic)

With any luck, that'll get it! I've only been able to test this in XP, but hopefully this'll work in other versions as well. Couple of notes:

a) If you change any settings in Super Flasher's setup screen, be sure to double-check your GGM.ini file to make sure the address hasn't been changed back to 0278 (the default).

b) Check your card's driver package or manufacturer's website for card-specific config utilities to set the card's mode. My SIIG only works with Super Flasher when set to ECP+EPP, not when ECP-only or EPP-only. This isn't an option hidden somewhere in Windows' settings; it's only manageable through my card's DOS-based config software. The same may be true for your card, as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: