ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Backing up SNES cartridge battery with a Game Doctor 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spatterlight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Backing up SNES cartridge battery with a Game Doctor 3 Reply with quote

Hi. If I had some SNES cartridges with save games I wanted to preserve, would it be possible to back up the save games with a Game Doctor 3 copier? (I don't need to back up the ROMs themselves, just the BRAM saves in the physical cartridges.)

I figured out how to do it on a Game Doctor 6/7 unit by reading the manual: you go to MODIFY GAME and enter the code 10005XXXXXXXX1. This works perfectly on my GD6, but not at all on the GD3. Wondering if there's a different code that works... I can't find a GD3 manual online.

Thanks.
madman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an SF3 manual, it doesn't mention the ability to back up the cart's SRAM to floppy or PC. It only mentions backing up the actual SF3 SRAM/BRAM to a floppy. I'm not entirely sure it was even possible on the SF3, I know that uCON doesn't support it and I don't believe the original Bung transfer utility did so either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: