ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How about a better/cheaper scan converter?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kruuth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: How about a better/cheaper scan converter? Reply with quote

These chinese made scan converters that let you hook a vga monitor into an arcade unit are pretty nice but they're overpriced and they have too many features. Any chance that there's something in the works that just takes the arcade CGA signal and jacks it up to 640x480 30/60khz? I don't care about multiple outputs, on screen menus, multiple resolutions, etc. Just something quick, easy and cheap. I saw something like this a looong time ago that was working on original VGA monitors, that's all I'm asking for. It looked like a single layer board with inputs on one side and a vga port on the other with a couple of pots in the middle.
tombou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An option for scanlines would be a nice feature as well. That way if someone wants scanlines, they don't need to buy two different units and require additional connections.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about this? http://www.jammaboards.com/store/rgb-cga-ega-yuv-to-vga-converter-pcb-gbs-8220/prod_291.html
kruuth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly the unit that's too pricey and overloaded with features....lots of menu options that do nothing for the game.
Chilly Willy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$40 is too pricey?? I really can't see a VGA converter going for less without being complete and utter trash.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> New Product idea All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: