ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MGD1 problem, please help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
famiac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: MGD1 problem, please help! Reply with quote

Hello im famiac im new here. I would like a little help with my MGD1 i bought from GDHK. I can run the program on my windows Xp laptop and read and write fds disks. But when trying to write game doctor files greater than or equal to 64kb i get a message from my MGD1 after it starts to write to the disk and it is checking it. It says "E30" which i presume is error 30. How do i fix this problem?
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure the files are good? By all means upload them ;)
famiac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only post one game that i dumped myself because i only have one game doctor disk. But i have already checked with a friend it can be used and written. If you want it pm me. It is metal gear.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems your FDS drive not modded. E30 mean disk too full to save. Doctor disk game > 64K, if drive not mod, it can not save > 64K.
famiac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it's modded 7201. I can use disk hacker and disk keeper and fdsloadr and mgd1 on it. I can write all games below 65kb on it with mgd1 i can send you pictures of the board. I bought it modded from GDHK but i changed the mod to look like the one on tech and specs on famicomworld.com i can remod it to be like the gdhk mod. Also tomy i have one question... How do i convert .fds to bung format?
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, please look at my power board mod picture here : http://www.tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=13470
If it is the same as yours, I think it is ok. Then I'll think your drive speed too slow. Drive speed faster can write more data, if slower, it will write less data.
About .fds to BUNG format converter, I will make it very soon. If you like to be beta tested, please tell me. I'll send it to you for test.
famiac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have FMD power -04 so the mod is different. I will try to adjust drive speed when i get home. How do i use copy master to tune it? Also please email me at rballouz(at)i-g-m(dot)com with the download link of the beta. I would be glad to test it.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use Copy Master "Check Doctor" (speed test) function. When doing it, don't put disk inside your FDS Drive. 1 is fastest, 9 is slowest. People like to use middle number 5. (my setting is 3). You should test it at least twice. If the number appear same for twice test. Then it is correct number. Because the first test you're not sure the magnet head position. So, the test maybe not right. That's why need twice test.
famiac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!!! thanks tomy!!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!! My MGD1 can finally read and write all games perfectly! i tuned the speed to 5 like you said and redid the mod to be like the one on the link you showed and now it works like a charm! thanks so much for your help! Now let's go play some Metal Gear Very Happy !
rbudrick

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread!

So *that's* why the speed is adjustable with Copy Master and other programs! I never knew. Thanks, Tomy!

I look forward to your MGD to .fds converter. Can't wait to see it.

By the way, has anyone confirmed if FDSLoader can read, send, and write >64k images?

Also, has anyone ever successfully gotten the write capability of FDSLoader to work without cable switching and say, Copy Master?

-Rob
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this post : http://www.tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2906
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: