ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

can you load 1 snes rom with out a bootloader menu?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acem77

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: can you load 1 snes rom with out a bootloader menu? Reply with quote

i noticed when i load just 1 snes rom like earth worm jim the screen flashes the the multi game boot loader.

i think the boot loader may mess with some stuff things like the par or similar devices.

can the bootloader be avoided. i know it is on all the other tototek flash software if one rom is loaded
The Dumper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect the way they designed the cart you need the boot loader to configure the hardware. They should be able to eliminate showing the boot menu on-screen if there is only one game on the cart though.

I haven't tried the Super Flash with a PAR yet. Hopefully you can just keep the PAR codes disabled (with the switch on the PAR) until you're past the boot menu. It may or may not work this way. We'll need to test it.
Jagasian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would definitely be nice to have a 1 game flash cart behave exactly like the real thing, i.e. no boot menu, etc. Gives that authentic feel.
The Dumper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to design it to support that. Nintendo did this with their Nintendo Power carts in Japan. I doubt Tototek did. I agree it would be nice, but I think disabling the display of the boot menu should be an acceptable work around. Maybe Tomy can comment but my guess is that some boot code is needed to set up the cart hardware so on this version of the card you might not be able to eliminate the boot code, but you can eliminate the visual signs of it by not displaying a boot menu.
Jagasian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eliminating the visual signs of the boot code is great, but will there be a noticable delay in booting of the game even if there are no visuals?
The Dumper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the current Software I probably wouldn't have noticed it if it weren't for the short flash of the boot menu. They could have a second version of the boot code without the menu code and I don't think anyone could notice the delay.
Jagasian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe someone could hack the boot menu for Tototek. It might be just as simple as conditionally jumping earlier in the code, that is, before the boot menu is drawn.
The Dumper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever developed the loader should be able to do this easily, hopefully they will.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: