ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New version 2.3 of the GGPRO Dreamwriter (Very important)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> SMS-PRO Flash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suppafly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: New version 2.3 of the GGPRO Dreamwriter (Very important) Reply with quote

I bought my GGPRO last week. From the start i had problems, like being unable to make multi rom flashes...and other problems like games crashing, etc.

I asked Tomy about that and he sent me the latest version of the dreamwriter. Version 2.3!!! And it fixed all my problems with my GGPRO.

WARNING: I would recommend not to download this if you dont have problems with your GGPRO.

http://e-galf.net/remates/GGMTLK.rar

Please leave here your feedback if this release solved problems for you too!!

p.s. Tomy accepted that it was OK for me to release this in the forums. I have his permission. Wink

acem77

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice now i can load multi games and all par codes seem to work good now when running gg or sms roms on my gamegear.
i dont have a real master system i just have a power base converter, nuby and tototek converter.
the nuby convert will let sms-pro run great on my gg with par codes.

thanks for the update!! Smile
Raistlin77

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's good to hear that it works for someone. It doesn't for me. It still says there's 0 MB (as if there's no cart connected). Is there any chance you could put a format or reset option that would let you clear the contents of the cart in the next version (maybe even a "forced flash" option where it tries to flash regardless of the amount of space reported)? I'm thinking the reason it's not recognized could be because the memory's all scrambled (not likely, but possible). A diagnostic tool would be useful as well. If I could get ahold of one maybe I could get a better idea of what's wrong with this one. If there aren't any though, I'd like to get this returned so you can tell me why it stopped working. If it's my fault, I'll just play SMS on my Xbox until I can afford to buy another SMS Pro in a month or two.

I hope the PCE Pro doesn't have any such issues, I'm planning on ordering one of those in about 12 days. I'm looking forward to playing Super Grafx games on my Super Grafx (so far all I have to test it with is SF2CE, which works, but I need to get a couple of PSX to PCE controller adapters to be able to play it properly, because finding the original PC Engine 6-button controller is nearly impossible).
acem77

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like some bad luck. for the heck of it see if the pce software will see your sega card.

so far the pce-pro one is the my fav Smile
i have had very little problems with any of the items i bought.
so far just a software bug with the sms and gg-pro but that is fixed for me now Smile
Raistlin77

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I've already tried the PCE software (and even the MD software) and it does the same thing. One thing's for sure, think I might be getting that PCE pro a bit sooner than I thought. I'll have to see how much S&H is. I can see why it would be your favorite. I'd have probably bought it before the SMS Pro if I didn't have my SMG. I have to say I'm glad they made the MD Pro first though, finding an SMD Plus 32M is nearly impossible, and the MGH just bites, it only takes floppies (no drag and drop rom sending using Ucon64 batch files on the desktop) and even worse, it used the MGD format, which means the game names have 5 letters so it's nearly impossible to find what you're looking for once your romset's converted (which is also a pain).
Raistlin77

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Least I've had some good news, the Arcade Card Pro I bought really is one. I was concerned when it showed the same startup screen as the Super System Card. But Sapphire runs (and it won't on the SSC) so I know it works. So at least that works right, now I just need to find some more ACD images (that won't be difficult). Well, I went ahead and ordered a PCE Pro, looking forward to getting it and trying it out (hopefully with positive results). Planning to throw all SGX games on it then put it into the SGX. Might just leave it there and get another one for the games that use RAM, that way I can flash each cart once and be done with it (and the SGX won't get dust in it's cartridge slot).
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Games that use RAM?
Raistlin77

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you know, games that make use of the Turbografx CD unit's save RAM. Like Neutopia and Devil's Crush. Devil's Crush has such short and weakly protected passwords, I can set the score and number of balls to whatever I want easily (for both one and two player games). Neutopia's passwords are a pain though. So unless you've got an extra memory unit that fits a Core Grafx you'd like to sell (my guess is you're more likely to have one than anyone else here, especialy since you also own a Magic Super Griffin and therefore would also have a use for one). As I've said before, thanks to Ucon64's MSG support, I can drag and drop a ROM to a single line batch file on my desktop (it's "@ucon64 -xmsg %1" for those who need it) and the game's running withing seconds. I guess I have you to thank for testing that feature assuming you're the same kyuusaku. Certainly much easier than running VGS. Especially in XP, you have to run VMWare, create a DOS VM, and make sure the Parallel Port's enabled on it in order to get VGS to transfer ROMs successfully. (it's not really worth doing, but it does work).
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raistlin77 :

If your SMS Pro still have problem, you can send it back. You will not waste money. Don't worry.

-Tomy
Raistlin77

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My SMS Pro is still messed up, do I need a return number or something? Oh, and where's a newer version of Dreamwriter PCE than 1.4? For some reason Supergrafx games aren't working with it, I got Aldynes to half run and the graphics are garbled, someone mentioned 1.6, I'm ready to try it if you'll give me a link.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup that was me but of course it was dbjh that did all the work (my suggestion.) I'm sure you know that USA games run strangely on the MSG, how it doesn't use bit-inverted images like MGD2 do, I got flipping and USA game cracking added hehe :) Dbjh is a C master, most features he got completed in one day... I can't remember who actually provided dbjh with the cracking routine but thanks to them, MSG users now have it good. Not that I use my MSG :(

About the RAM games.. Do you mean like a Ten no Koe? I bought one of those in Japan for $0.30, never used it though. I couldn't imagine buying multiple PCE-Pros for each console o_0
Suppafly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please continue this thread in the appropiate forum. Thanks
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> SMS-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: