ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dumping 32Mb cart with game doctor sf7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tylau0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Dumping 32Mb cart with game doctor sf7 Reply with quote

I have a Japanese Super Famicom and a game doctor sf7 with 32Mb internal and 32Mb expanded memories, bios version 7.0. Using the "Back up cart" function in the menu, I can dump game carts of 24Mb or lower (e.g. Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Fatal Fury 2) but not 32Mb (e.g. Super Street Fighter 2 and Fatal Fury Special) - the machine prompts from inserting disks after reading the cart in the former but not the later case. Does anyone know what is going wrong? Thanks.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried manually going to Write Game to Disk?
tylau0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've tried that.
After I plug in the 32Mb cart, I click on "Back up card", the bottom section indicates there are four split files (but no prompt for inserting disk, which is unlike what I have with 24Mb or smaller cart).
I then try what you say. No response.
I'm just wondering if this is related to the BIOS. I use v7.0 instead of the latest v7.11. Could anyone confirm if a game doctor SF7 with sufficient RAM and latest BIOS version can dump 32Mb cart?
Thanks.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall if I ever did but I'm pretty certain it can. You should definitely get someone to send you the latest BIOS on an EPROM.
tylau0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that there is some problem with the internal RAM of the game doctor. I use the "self test" function of the doctor. It says error with my sram.
Soon after I move the pointer at the bottom to the expansion RAM, the problem is gone.
I do that with the latest BIOS (v7.11). So I am not sure if BIOS update also plays a part.
Anyway, thanks for your reply.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your internal RAM is damaged you can open the unit to replace it. Just use common sense when dealing with any electronics and discharge your body of static electricity and handle components carefully. Tototek sells replacement RAM boards. Or you could swap your expansion board for the internal one so that the good RAM is in there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: