ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will pay $100 USD for a UFO Super Drive Pro 8 with BIOS 8.8c
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> User Buy/Sell, and Request stuff here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Videogamer555

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:15 am    Post subject: Will pay $100 USD for a UFO Super Drive Pro 8 with BIOS 8.8c Reply with quote

$100 is meant to cover both product price and shipping costs. I'll pay with Paypal only. If you have one to sell, please post pictures of it, and screen shots of it running that shows the menu screens GUI.
Videogamer555

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well? Does anybody have one?
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a brand new boxed unit direct from SuperUFO/Success. I wasn't looking to sell, but if you want it you're going to have to offer a lot more money than that.
amptor

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not just reply if you are going to sell the guy something?

I still think he would be a LOT better off buying a SWC DX2 from Front and especially for one wanting "more than $100 for a new UFO" give me a break, as it is a far superior unit to a UFO. But I guess it is just my opinion........

MottZilla

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well remember there is Collector value and value as being used as a device. All the old copiers value as an actual device has decreased immensely with newer devices like the PowerPAK. But as collection pieces in new condition I could see them having higher values. But if you just intend to buy it to use it, seems like you'd be better with a newer device. Maybe if you have a mix of collection and use it is worth it to you. Really that's all it comes down to anyway, is it worth it to the buyer?
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, I'm not holding on to the UFO because I plan to use it for it's practical purpose. I'm holding on to it because of the collectors value. If someone else wants one badly enough (even if it's just to use), they are welcome to it. Just thought I'd put that out there in case he changes his mind.
Videogamer555

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trenton_net wrote:
I have a brand new boxed unit direct from SuperUFO/Success. I wasn't looking to sell, but if you want it you're going to have to offer a lot more money than that.

Actually (before it sold out) Gamedoctorhk.com was selling it for $80 USD + shipping. The ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM that I would pay is $100 USD total for product + shipping. Depending on the shipping method you choose, it could be $20 or less. So I think I'm being fair with my offer.

Last edited by Videogamer555 on Mon May 10, 2010 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Videogamer555

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
Videogamer555

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
Videogamer555

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't SOMEBODY have a UFO Super Drive Pro 8 with BIOS 8.8c they'd be willing to part with for under $100 (so that price + shipping < or = $100)?
madman

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously not, or else someone would've responded to you. Yes?
amptor

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he still isn't delusional that sceners even used UFOs. UFOs were not as well known. Sceners used wildcards, pro fighters, and sometimes professor sf II's. UFO? feh. and someone wanting over $100 for a brand new one? heh..
MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weren't the UFO people not better known until N64 with the CD64? Didn't they make the CD64?
Videogamer555

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amptor wrote:
I hope he still isn't delusional that sceners even used UFOs. UFOs were not as well known. Sceners used wildcards, pro fighters, and sometimes professor sf II's. UFO? feh. and someone wanting over $100 for a brand new one? heh..

I downloaded the Super Wildcard BIOS ROM (and that of other copiers as well) and ran it on an emulator. It (along with all other copiers that were not from UFO) had sucky GUI and not many features (maybe good game compatibility for the SWF but not much else). But the UFO Super Drive Pro 7 I tested on an emulator by loading its bios was with cool GUI and had a ton of features. The one I want to buy (from its screen shot), which is the UFO Super Drive Pro 8 with BIOS 8.8c, has an even AWESOMER GUI, and even a few more features (features that make me want 1000 times more than the next best copier which is the Super Drive 7).
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used a few copiers, maybe not as many as some other people here. The menu doesn't matter. The Double Pro Fighter menu for Genesis is very primative and the control is finicky. Did it ruin it or take anything away? No. The Game Doctor SF series which I've used for a very long time has a very basic straight to the point Menu. No fancy music and pretty pictures. But it gets the job done, and the GDSF7 plays every single game that any copier device will play and does so without issue. Furthermore it is fairly available and cheap and also quite reliable. The only complaint I usually hear about the GDSF7 is it uses its own ROM format. Other than that most people that try it love it as far as copiers go.

If you want a Copier people really did use back in the day, I recommend the GDSF7. Bung made tons of GDSF copiers. They are excellent units and still work great today. You can even upgrade them up to 128 megabits today which is more than any other copier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> User Buy/Sell, and Request stuff here All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: