ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

uCON64 Support!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suppafly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbjh wrote:
I do? Well, I'm not.

Yes you do

Jagasian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suppafly wrote:
All the "money" you save by usign linux is lost in TIME it takes to get all the apps to run LOL

Dont get mad, this is a civilized argument. And i dont feel i have lost any argument yet.

How many popular games run out of the box on linux? 10%??

I´d rather be careful and use windows, rather than spending HOURS AND HOURS on configuring games and apps to run on linux Laughing

What time do I lose with Linux? I can pop in a Fedora Core 2 network install CD, and have it install both the OS, office suite, graphics design apps, and software development apps all in one go. With Windows you have to install Windows, patch it, patch it, then separately install Microsoft office, then separately install graphics design apps, then separately install your software development apps. So which one took longer?

Lets say I want to watch movies that I download. I can just use Synaptic to search for and install a media player. This also automatically installs all the needed codecs. What do you have to do with Windows? Hunt and peck for codecs, divx, xvid, etc...

So if you are enaging in a civilized argument, then please explain how it takes hours and hours to configure games and apps to run on Linux? Just because you don't know what you are doing doesn't mean it takes others hours to get apps to work on Linux.

As far as popular games running out of the box on Linux... that is a loaded question. What qualifies as a popular game? Playstation 2 games and Gamecube games do not run out of the box on Windows... they are very popular. I bet less than %1 of popular games released in this year run on Windows. Wait, its not fair to expect a Playstation 2 game to run out of the box on Windows is it? Now you see the flaw in your reasoning.

Also, what does it mean for a game to run out of the box on Linux? Cedega aka WineX is pretty good at letting me run games that I like to play: Deus Ex, Fallout, Many Faces of Go, etc. Basically all of the classic consoles have great emulators for Linux. I can play Arcade, NES, SNES, Genesis, etc games on Linux. Thats tens of thousands of games.

Suppafly, you can stick with Windows. Have fun being told what you can do with your computer. Some people like freedom, others could care less.
Jagasian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to put this crap to an end, Windows users can also use uCON64, and I am sure that there are Windows users that would prefer to use uCON64, especially if they are already familiar with it and use it for other backup devices and ROM management uses.
timofonic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please forget all this offtopic discussion and center into UCON64...

What about SuperFlash support into UCON64? Any news? Any contacted
with Leo/Tomy?
JohnDie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No contact yet, at least for me. Don't know if tomy or leo contacted one of the other uCON64 developers.
Jagasian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, I will buy another SuperFlash cart, the second they get uCon64 support for it. Thats $80 in Tototek's bank.
Suppafly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont spend 80 US...spend 10 US and get a not-too-recent copy of Windows (and disconnect from the net while flashing, if youre SO afraid of catching a virus)
dbjh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnDie wrote:
Don't know if tomy or leo contacted one of the other uCON64 developers.

I haven't received a word either.
The Dumper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me neither. Hopefully we can all get a copy of it when it becomes available. Daniel (dbjh) is the one whom Tomy should send it to first.
dbjh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timofonic, could you do your voodoo again? It helped before, maybe it will help again ;-) Or are you already working on it?
Jagasian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did timfonic convince tomy to release code for the other flash cart devices that Tototek sells? This will help Tototek sell more Super Flash carts.
dbjh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A general rule with magic is that you shouldn't talk about it :-) That is, if you want it to work.
dbjh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Bad news Reply with quote

I received some information which explains the situation. I am not allowed to mention the details, but it boils down to us not getting the source code :-(
Please don't ask about the reason -- I won't answer. I think I can say that Tomy is not to blame, so send all positive energy Tomy's way ;-)
I guess we can see this as the starting point for some reverse engineering...
Jagasian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad
matty_m

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly, I could see the reason for reluctance to release the source if one had to PAY for the software, but as its completely free, why does it matter if someone wants to use another peice of software? this is retarded, they are just shooting themselves in the foot. Way to go, whoever is being retarded (not Tomy)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: