ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Double Pro Fighter Boot Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
romiso

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Double Pro Fighter Boot Problem Reply with quote

hi there,

found my old double pro fighter @ my parents attic and having a hard time getting it to work :/... its the PAL version and i`m runing it on a PAL snes with a PAL Game in the slot (basically the same setup i`ve used 15 years ago) ... everytime i`m trying to boot i`m seeing the attached picture - any suggestions?

thanks in advance

dpf.jpg
 Description:
screen at boot up
 Filesize:  56.89 KB
 Viewed:  3097 Time(s)

dpf.jpg

MottZilla

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the correct power adapter for it? Did you try reseating the connectors or cleaning the connectors? There is a good chance that cleaning the connectors will get it to work. Though sometimes just by reinserting the connectors you'll get a good enough connection to work.

Seeing that pattern on your TV would suggest that the SNES is running and it's not a lockout problem. I would bet on it being a cleaning issue. If you can, take the part that goes into your SNES Console and clean it as you would a cartridge. If you clean it well it should probably work again.

My DPF would have problems where it wouldn't always work on my Sega Genesis but after a good cleaning it works everytime.
romiso

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks MottZilla... my memory clears... after using my swcdx for so long i totally forgot that some copiers need a psu :/...

what are the psu specs? will a genesis psu do the trick?

any tips about cleaning the connectors?
madman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genesis PSU will work, same as all copiers use.

Use a cotton swab + alcohol on the edge connectors. Also, try reseating the connector. I once bought a "broken" SWC that took 1 minute to fix by reseating the connector.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you weren't using a PSU it is no wonder it wasn't working. Just plugging in a standard Model 1 Genesis PSU will probably make it work fine. Be aware of proper voltage current and polarity if you don't use a Model 1 Sega Genesis power brick.
romiso

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot for the hints... i`ve placed an order for a psu as i think i don`t have the right one :/... what is meant with "reseating the connector"? i`m sorry but english is not my native language and translation for reseating gives me "grinding" as result ... lol... - do you mean the connectors on the dpf or the the ones at cart?
MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By reseat I mean unplug the cartridge connector piece and plug it in again and plug it into the system again. If it connects slightly differently it might make a good enough connection to function properly. This is what people were actually doing with their NES when they would remove the game to blow in them. The blowing had little to no effect but reseating the game somewhere else in the connector just by a tiny bit can be enough to get the game to work. But cleaning is the optimal solution.
romiso

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot - this could have ended badly already pulled out the sandpaper.. lol

i`m going to wait untill my psu arrives and give the connectors a good clean Wink
MottZilla

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember it doesn't take much to clean it. Don't go too far as you don't want to accidentally damage it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: