ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

N64 backup units?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rippin snare

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now they are out again =(.
cdiablo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a Z64 and it is awesome. Runs awesome with almost every game out there + you can add a hard drive to it so you can Have every 64 game (- the 512 Meg games) in the unit.
rippin snare

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

know where I can get one matey?
cdiablo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to gametz.com there are a couple dudes selling them. I got mine for $100 and a couple dreamcast "backups." There are a couple for sale there for around $200.

Its a good place to buy from, but you gotta pay $3 to get user emails.

This unit blows all the others out the water because you can save all game saves, S-RAM, Mempack, Flashram, ect to the disk which you need special save carts for the cd systems. The only drawback is the inability to play 512 MB games (All 6 of them), and only being able to fit 100MB of games per ZIP disk. As I said you can add a Hard drive to the unit like mine. I have almost every US 64 release in my units HD (A 6.4 Gig drive) so I can play whatever I want whenever.

I wouldn't be suprised if Tototek comes out with something better than it one day, but for now I am very happy.
rippin snare

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the link matey but it seems to be too much of a pain in the ass sorting through that mess of a page to get what you want. And that is absurd having to pay for email recieving let alone $3 per one. Screw that.

I am glad you are happy with your unit however.
vcdfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdiablo, forgive my ignorance, but is it easy to put a hard drive into the Z64? Bear in mind, I'm not a technical/electronic kind of guy. I can just about put a new drive into my computer Confused to give you an idea what I can do Exclamation

vcdfan
cdiablo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rippin snare - gtzone charges you $3 for access to ALL the emails in the user database. It is a great site to get rare stuff from at a pretty cheap price. I recently picked up a JVC X'EYE for $65 shipped.

vcdfan - Installing a drive in the Z is fairly easy. All you need is a Laptop HD (6 Gig can hold almost every US release) and a 3.5 to 2.5 laptop drive converter. You can get one of these for about $5 on ebay. Connect the laptop drive to your computer and up your roms to the laptop HD. Connect (using the 2.5-3.5 adapter) to the Z64 and you are set. The hard drive is great cause you can put in a ton of roms and keep a ton of saves on the hard drive. The load times are much better than the standard Zip drive. It takes about 30-40 seconds to load a 256Mb game. Here are some links for the Z HD modification.

http://n64.icequake.net/mirror/zmod.onestop.net/zbios.htm
http://n64.icequake.net/mirror/z64hd/

If you ever pick up a Z64 get to me if you are having any problems/questions.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mozzie wrote:
Sorry but I have to correct you on this one kyuusaku.
The CD64 does use EDO RAM, but it's not the same as a PC. The memory cards for the CD64 are home made by Success.
And rippin snare is correct. Success ran on their website officially out of stock only a few days ago. They resently had a restock, since they ran out of stock at the beginning of this year.

"We use the most common RAM Module for the computer ( EDO TYPE,72 pin SIMM 4Mx4 Ram Chip -60ns ). So the end-user can up-grade or replace the Memory as for their convience. )"

quoted from: http://www.success-hk.com/success/cd64/cd64.htm - READ

Don't tell me I'M wrong. BUNG on the otherhand uses custom RAM cards. Also I never saw a restock from Success.
runderwo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found that EDO memory does not work in the CD64 in general. The best bet is to go for 72-pin Fast Page memory. It is a little harder to find than EDO, but will have a greater chance of actually working in my experience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: