ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RDST, WCM, Ram Read Errors?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shane#

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject: RDST, WCM, Ram Read Errors? Reply with quote

I have searched these errors on this forum, it seems that they've been resolved by the poster based on the suggestions given, but i have tried them myself, with no luck! My Game Doctor SF 6 worked fine till a couple weeks ago. I used, and tried various sega genesis model 1 adapters with the proper polarity. I've taken it apart, checked all connections, and even replaced the drive with a new working one, Teac Brand, and that will detect nothing! It will still play the games from the cart, but when i try and load the games, it recognizes it as 0m, and then will keep giving me this error, until i unplug it.. Everyone once in a while it will check the disk and say no game on the disk, and tell me how its formatted, but then will give me the looping error again.. has anyone figured out a way other then repairing the drive, to fix this? Ive also tried the drive from a SF3, and same thing, even though it works on the sf3! My sf3 will format the disks and read that they are games, but gives me a ram read error! Anyone know why that would be? Any help would be great! Maybe my belt is done, i havnt gone that far..

-Shane
madman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what RDST or WCM errors are, but it sounds like maybe the floppy controller chip has gone bad. Your post is hard to follow since you say you replaced the drive with a new working one, but then are saying you think it might be the drive belt and talk about repairing the drive. You also say you tried the same drive on the SF3 and you say you have the same problem, but then say it works on the SF3. That makes no sense.
shane#

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madman wrote:
I don't know what RDST or WCM errors are, but it sounds like maybe the floppy controller chip has gone bad. Your post is hard to follow since you say you replaced the drive with a new working one, but then are saying you think it might be the drive belt and talk about repairing the drive. You also say you tried the same drive on the SF3 and you say you have the same problem, but then say it works on the SF3. That makes no sense.

Sorry about the confusion, I was in a bit of a hurry! I meant that I have tried using the disk drive in my sf3, that I can confirm works, but the ram in my sf3 seems to be bad.. The drive won't work in my sf6.. A brand new disk drive is not recognized in either, but works in my pc.. When I mentioned repairing, I meant maybe the belt went in my original NEC drive, since its still original dated 94.. I havnt used it in years, so maybe the belt decayed, and the short term use tore it? I have never gotten any errors before! I hope this clears it up! I've been tinkering, and was trying t explain it in detail..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: