ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with MGD 2 and SNES + MD Dram

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philjay

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:06 pm    Post subject: Help with MGD 2 and SNES + MD Dram Reply with quote

Hi, i don't understand how to play a game more than 8mbit.

I have a mgd2 with 32mbit dram and snes + md adapters.
I use ucon to convert the game in mgd format and then split.
He gave me 2 files (ex: MD16STRA.018 + MD16STRB.018) and a MULTI-GD text file that contains MD16STRA + MB16STRB.
Now i copy this file in 2 floppies (really on a 2 usb floppy slot, i use a gotek)
Open the MGD, power up the Megadrive, in this case, with the adapters and the dram inserted and starts with the first diskette, then change the slot and load the second, i press reset and i have nothing on screen.

I don't understand what is wrong. I don't understand too the slot on adapters. I change the slot but the both adapters loading always the first file.

Someone can explain me that?

Thank you!
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you use the switch button on the ram adapter, you change the memory slot configuration. So if you have a 32M memory card you can have up to 4x8Mbit.

Basically you have 3 slot configuration: 4x8Mbit, 2x16Mbit or 1x32Mbit so prior to loading your game, make sure you're at least on a 2x16Mbit config which means the first or the last 2 LEDs must be lit up.

As I recall the MD adapter had to be modified to run games higher than 16Mbit. Tomy might know what the mod is.

As for the SNES adapter it does not support HighRom games. I have seen some HighRom adapters for the MGD2 but I never got my hands on those so once again, any information is welcome.
philjay

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, i find the way at the end.
So the correct order is:

Power up the console and select slot a, load the first disk or file in case of gotek, after loaded you have to reset the console and change the slot to b, select the second disk and load it.
At the end, power down and then power on the console, now the 2 game disks working.

The correct order of power supply on mgd2 is adapter power cord to console, power supply to adapter.

Ciao
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, you don't need to power up the console before you load the game. Second, you only change slots to load different games, so for a 16M game you light up a pair of slots then you load the game.
philjay

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will try
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: