ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where can I download Bios for UFO PRO 6 Hyper version?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arzhel05

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Where can I download Bios for UFO PRO 6 Hyper version? Reply with quote

I'm having my UFO PRO 6 Hyper version fixed by a very good technician and he said that the problem with my UFO is that the bios chip was erased, he also said that he will need to either download the firmware or he can copy it from another UFO with the exact same version as mine but he is having problems in finding a website to download the said firmware.

Another problem is that I don't know anyone else who has the same version and that I too could not find any website to download the bios, is there any website that I can go download the bios for my UFO, I could only find Bios downloads for UFO versions 3, 7 and 8... Thank you very much!
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had to look a few lines below Wink

http://www.tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3478
arzhel05

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic_Merlin wrote:
Just had to look a few lines below Wink

http://www.tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3478

Thanks a lot for this Mystic_Merlin, your a life saver! Razz
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleasure Wink
Let us know if it worked alright. Most UFO 6 have a monochrome interface, this bios has a color + other updates.
arzhel05

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure.. as for now he said that he was able to reprogram the UFO with the bios that came from you (thanks again!) but he said that 2 chips were missing and that he is still checking on it and also said that he will be testing the i-socket.
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arzhel05 wrote:
Sure.. as for now he said that he was able to reprogram the UFO with the bios that came from you (thanks again!) but he said that 2 chips were missing and that he is still checking on it and also said that he will be testing the i-socket.

Here's what your pcb should look like:

If any of the chalk numbered chips is missing (PAL or GAL), forget about it. Nobody has the original logic for those and I doubt your friend is willing to reverse engineer this hardware.
All other components can be found. The one in the bottom right is a CIC clone so you can put an original PAL or NTSC CIC if this one is missing. Actually it should even work with a cart in the slot instead.
arzhel05

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Hhhmm... Reply with quote

Wew! It's a good thing that all the chips on my UFO are complete based from the picture that you posted... I also made some comparisons on other pictures of UFO's here (mine is on the left side), I noticed that there are some capacitors and a chip missing which I encircled and wondered if it is really required since on your picture I don't see some of those capacitors and the chip either (except the picture that you posted)

This is your UFO and I'm missing the capacitor on the top left of the UFO

I think this is for the RAM (right?), so can I add more RAM since there are 2 slots left?

The missing chip

Oh yeah... someone told me that I would need to sacrifice one game cart for the chip but did not exactly say what for, do you have any idea about what he was saying? Sorry for all the questions, I totally have no idea about the Super UFO.
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the capacitors it's always a good thing to replace them once you start troubleshooting problems as they can lead to faulty boot up, loading/games error.
There has been several versions of these PCBs, the 3rd comparison pic is also one of my UFO but one of the early revisions, not the UFO pro 6.
Not all the caps are necessary but you'd rather have more than not enough, so conclusion install the missing one on the top left and replace the others Wink

The missing chip is not important, as well as 2 others near the DB25. It is believed that they planned to embed a parallel port transfer function like the Magicom/Pro Fighter but never did.

The UFO can have 18M, 26M or 34M of memory. Actually the memory board is always the same and can be of 16M, 24M or 32M, the extra 2M are used for battery save and are on the main PCB so...to know how much is your memory board, google the ref number written on the chips, you should find a datasheet which will tell you the kind and size of memory for this specific chip then you can do the math. To reach 32M you'll need 8x4Mbit.

You need to sacrifice a cart to get its CIC chip if you don't have one on your PCB, but apparently you do have one on the bottom right. The CIC need to be of the same country region as your console/UFO. To know what region is your CIC on your UFO check the ref number written on it. It's a clone chip so sometimes it means nothing but more than often ST10198S means NTSC, ST10198P means PAL.
The console and UFO have to be a match: JAP/US Snes = NTSC, PAL = PAL.
arzhel05

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He tried the Bios but he said that it didn't work, um... do you have any other available bios?
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'll try to dump another one. I lack of time at the moment so I'll do my best Wink .
arzhel05

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: It finally works! Reply with quote

My UFO Pro 6 Hyper Version is finally working, my friend did some major overhaul of the unit itself and with the bios that Mystic_Merlin provided it's now working thank you so much! Laughing

Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it works!...and that my bios dump is good Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: