ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super UFO Pro 8 SD?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amptor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting on mine. I'll come back in here and post a little about it if I find anything interesting to share.

That burnt electronics smell may be the plastic. I noticed on the previous image of the board that one of the chips looks kinda burned onto it but that is probably just some issue with lighting.

xiaNaix

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the plastic.
amptor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let's see what this little cardboard box of mine has inside of it (actually there's a few other titles in this box but these are interesting)

I think I'm ready to see what I can make happen with this UFO Pro 8.

amptor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed that I omitted super mario kart. I have the player's choice edition made in mexico. It works better than every DSP1 I borrowed or rented in the mid to late 90s. Seems that mexicans make pretty solid electronic products. I think this cart is probably just plugged into my Neo SNES Myth Cart.

Come to think of it, I think one of the kirby carts came from mexico too but I don't recall.

I was going to get into collecting the SFC carts but that would probably run up over a grand because there's so many Japan SA-1 carts.

monty_burns_007

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my superufo 8 here : http://www.superufo.com/products/COOL/Cool_Stuff_Superufo_Pro_8_Superdrive.html

I posted the same comment as here on the forum on their customer review page. Guess what it 's not published on their reviews......

Fake customer reviews there.....
amptor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why you bought it there rather than here Razz I prefer to support Tomy. Still, the guys at the site you bought it from are good too. They replied to my email I sent.

I'm not sure how they admin the reviews on that site. They might have to look at it before it is posted to prevent spam so they'll probably have control over all the content that gets posted.

I'd say that as long as there's reviews on the web and on youtube, that is sufficient enough. Not as many people are going to be going to one particular site for sale of this item anyway.

amptor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got mine from tototek. The box is really nice and they used two transparent seals on it so you can make sure that it is still brand new when you receive it.

With the research I have done prior to obtaining this and thinking today, I have come to the conclusion that realistically I don't need to test the carts with it because I know what it will do. But I may try anyway and post findings if I find anything interesting (the only thing I can think of is if OBC1 and DSP2 and DSP3 chips work)

I have seen on youtube that CX4 chips for Megaman X2 and X3 work but basically you're better off plugging the original cart straight into the deck rather than using the rom to make things simple and short.

Also S-DD1 and SA-1 chips aren't going to work with this because as most people know these chips need to interface with the program ROM before the data is sent to the SNES, so this flash cart is not going to support that. The same is going to go for Super FX and Super FX2 games. These aren't going to work either.

So basically this leaves us with CX4 and DSP1 chips working and the rest won't. You'll still need to wait for sd2snes to overcome that hurdle. sd2snes is now speculated to cost $195.

Once I get some things straighened up here I'll try it out. Just wanted to post that I got it in case anyone is still waiting for theirs from this vendor.

madman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the day, superufo.com was actually the UFO company. I imagine it still is, they just became more of a reseller to make some money. I'd also be surprised if anything beyond DSP1 worked with that cart.
monty_burns_007

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, yesterday I loaded a rom game (terminator 2) (.smc) onto the superufo 8 and got the autodetect cheat code popup. I could then enter the code manually or let autoadd do it.

This is the only game i tested until know where this auto cheat popup appears.
Yesterday I thought maybe dumping or converting .SMC to SFC format would help in finding cheat codes. But this didn't gave a difference.
amptor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have yet to try mine. It's probably going to sit on the shelf for a while. It appears that the best cart out now still is the RetroZone SNES flash cart.

I still like the neoflash one too for the gui and updates though. I wish the retrozone one wasn't just bare text and all plain. Some people have sold theirs because they didn't like the interface. I can't blame them too much but realistically how long are you going to poke around the interface rather than playing a game Smile

Retrozone SNES cart is on sale now for $135. It can play Star Ocean /J / Translation.

Also, off topic, but sd2snes preorders are shipping out now. sd2snes is pricey but has features that no other cart will ever have.

MottZilla

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion probably the main SD2SNES feature that pokes it out ahead of the PowerPAK and others is the MSU-1 which will certainly be used for hacks and homebrew in the future. Support for Cx4 is nice, and the DSP series also nice, but not anything mind blowing. Super FX will certainly edge it out though. But it is still quite expensive hardware. I do want one, but don't know if/when I'll buy one.
danko

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogo wrote:
You're totally right amptor Very Happy
but honestly , i'm also not a very big fan of UFO copiers Laughing , i use most of time my GDSF7 .This ufo sd card is just for me the occasion to do something original .
About the swc dx i don't know much about these copiers , but someone has done the job on a swc dx 2 and it seems pretty cool
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4272/p1010386rj.jpg

Currently , for my project i'm looking for 2 snes slot , but tototek doesn't seem to have them...

Hi,this mod adapter CF work with super wild card sms3201?
Panne

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

i encountered a problem with my super ufo pro sd.

in short: i cant put .sram from SD to ufo. i get the error "not save file"

when i first got it i could play, save my game, put the whole stuff to sd cart and continue playing with an emulator and later put the continued savegame back on the cart using the super ufo.

i had a 3 month snes break and now i tried transfering a .srm file back to its original cart but it wont work.

error:"not save file"

when i transfer a .sram from cart to sd it is 128kb big.

when i use it in an emulator it shrinks to 8kb. i think thats the problem.

does anyone have a solution for this?
Howling

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: SA-1? Reply with quote

Can any owners of this device tell me if this copier can actually play or especially dump SA-1 games (like it says on the store page?)

I have been looking forever for a copier that can dump SA-1 games, and I was hoping that this would be the one. (Yeah, the SWC DX2 can dump them if modded correctly, but I have never had the opportunity to buy one.)

Thanks!
xiaNaix

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panne wrote:
Hi,

i encountered a problem with my super ufo pro sd.

in short: i cant put .sram from SD to ufo. i get the error "not save file"

when i first got it i could play, save my game, put the whole stuff to sd cart and continue playing with an emulator and later put the continued savegame back on the cart using the super ufo.

i had a 3 month snes break and now i tried transfering a .srm file back to its original cart but it wont work.

error:"not save file"

when i transfer a .sram from cart to sd it is 128kb big.

when i use it in an emulator it shrinks to 8kb. i think thats the problem.

does anyone have a solution for this?

Pad the save with ucon

Code:
ucon64.exe --pad -ufos FILENAME.SRM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: