ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super UFO Pro 8 SD?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panne

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks mate, it worked Smile
misfits

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: snes ufo pro Reply with quote

Hi Im new to using flash carts and hoping somebody can tell me how to save your game files without them disappearing usin the UFO pro 8? Thanks.[/list]
conceitedjerk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can verify categorically that the Super UFO 8 SD will NOT work with SA-1 games. Just got my UFO yesterday and tried to copy "Masokishin: Lord of Elementals" using the unit, then played it back from DRAM with the cart still in the top. No go, black screen of death. Ditto for SD Gundam G-Next and Yoshi's Island.

Haven't tried it with DSP games yet.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but this was already know for certain. The actual function of the circuits is understood well enough to know for a fact you cannot piggyback a game cartridge to use its "special chip" while loading a ROM on a Copier or Flash Cart. The whole reason people think you can is because there is one chip in which you can. The DSP-1 CAN piggyback to play games on a copier or flash cart. This is due to the way the circuit is designed. Cx4, SA-1, Super FX, and every other chip besides DSP does not function in this way, and absolutely cannot work with the piggyback method. This has been know since the 1990s when all these chips were new and people were using the original Super Wild Card, Game Doctor, Super UFO, etc.
conceitedjerk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you'd think after nearly 20 years of doing this I wouldn't be so naive! Smile

Probably should have checked this board first, but that's impulse buying for you.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's understandable. You certainly wished it was true. But the closest you will get is the SD2SNES.
conceitedjerk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was more like "Oh, they've finally got the special chipset thing sorted out!". Further proof that the old adage "If it seems too good to be true, it usually is" still holds true.

On the plus side, the 4Gb SDHC card I'm using with the unit holds more than my 128M SF7, and takes one less power adapter on an already crowded power bar Smile

Incidentally, if your wife of 4 months asks you to clear the living room table of your super famicom/sf7 gear, never EVER say "No, it was here first." Twisted Evil
amptor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we need is the capability to build a programming circuit into an already existing SA-1 and FX chip game to where the MASK ROM is located and with a flashram chip and we would be set.

I'm assuming now that after everything I've been reading that it would be desirable to put an 8M chip on a Stunt Race FX game and a 32M chip on any SA-1 cart in place of the MASK ROM. I have been looking into this for a bit but I don't know how to build a flash chip programmer and I also don't know what the cheapest way is yet to program the 32M flashram chip for SA-1 games. Hopefully I'll come up with something soon.

On the other hand, FX stuff is much cheaper. I'm amazed how much $ people spend on Star Fox 2 cartridges but I guess that just depends on how much $ and time the creator of those custom carts put into the project itself. I'm going to have my own home made Star Fox 2 cart made soon by myself just for s&g. Proof of concept. It's all hobby stuff though. Besides that game, I own all of the good/playable special chip games that exist for both NTSC/J and NTSC/U now.

After sd2snes came out and it has been proven that there is no FX support across the board for any flash cart that exists, I just went ahead and spent a few bucks on the last of the carts I needed to finish my playable collection set (much the same as I did for some other consoles but those normally were optical media based so it was easier to do on them lol)

MottZilla wrote:
Sorry, but this was already know for certain. The actual function of the circuits is understood well enough to know for a fact you cannot piggyback a game cartridge to use its "special chip" while loading a ROM on a Copier or Flash Cart. The whole reason people think you can is because there is one chip in which you can. The DSP-1 CAN piggyback to play games on a copier or flash cart. This is due to the way the circuit is designed. Cx4, SA-1, Super FX, and every other chip besides DSP does not function in this way, and absolutely cannot work with the piggyback method. This has been know since the 1990s when all these chips were new and people were using the original Super Wild Card, Game Doctor, Super UFO, etc.

RealTimeSave

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cheapest programmer for 32M MX FlashRAM that I have found costs about $320. That is still a lot unless you are a diehard snes hobbyist and need to be able to program flashram chips yourself for every game that exists. The price isn't on the extreme of bad but it isn't good either.

I think it is entirely possible for someone to come up with a programmer specific to the 32M MX chip that would be relatively inexpensive and interface with the USB on a PC.

edit:

The programmer I mentioned above is called Xeltek Superpro 500P and the place selling it offers to program the MX chip for under a dollar so it is more cost effective to buy the chips and have them programmed by them.

hiro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having trouble getting a lot of games working that seem they should work. These are not special chip games, a simple example would be Space Invaders. I've tried padding it, converting it to classic UFO format, etc, mostly using ucon64. It also seems to fail on almost anything with an intro/trainer. Can anyone suggest the best way to prep everything to work on it that should be supported?
SolderPCB

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is anyone interested or capable of adding long filename support to the Super UFO Pro 8 rom?
Mezmorizingmage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiro wrote:
I'm having trouble getting a lot of games working that seem they should work. These are not special chip games, a simple example would be Space Invaders. I've tried padding it, converting it to classic UFO format, etc, mostly using ucon64. It also seems to fail on almost anything with an intro/trainer. Can anyone suggest the best way to prep everything to work on it that should be supported?

A guy posted here some good info that seems to solve your problem, that I've yet to try for myself:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/new-snes-cart-cheap-runs-all-special-chips.323727/page-3

Code:

OK, I've worked out the general rule for if a translation/cracktro/trainer version of a ROM will work - if it's exactly the same size as the original. I've tried padding out the oversized ones to the next valid mbit size, but they still don't work. I'm assuming this is because the header still lists it as an 8mbit rom, when the filesize shows it's a 9mbit rom or whatever and so the copier doesn't know how to handle it. The next thing I wanted to try is editing the header so that it shows a rom size which is equal to the filesize, but the only program I can find to do that is SNES Explorer, which I can't get to work on Windows 7. It gives me the error that comdlg32.ocx can't be loaded or registered, even when I've installed the VB5 runtime and registered the comctl32.ocx file that came with it. Are there any other programs that can change headers?

EDIT: Aha! Got it. Used Snes Stuff 1.2.1 to expand the rom to a valid size and then add a new header and I've managed to get a load of cracktros running I wasn't able to before. Hopefully this means I can get some previously non-working fan translations up and running as well.
GreatDragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes memory card error
Where download bios 9.0 ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: