ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reproduction Star Ocean on a Game Professor SFII question.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strike

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reproduction Star Ocean on a Game Professor SFII question. Reply with quote

Hi, for a long time I have played my custom patched version on emulators from various PCs and consoles, and the last few years on my SF7. Since parallel became outdated and tossed those old PCs, I became less than thrilled loading 12 floppies all the time, and wanted a repro copy.

I finally got one (even convinced them to use my ROM), but it doesn't work well with my unit (possible because it has a very different PCB from a real cart and had no donor parts used); I tend to keep backups of my carts' BRAM to floppy and PC.

Granted, this repro of Star Ocean is of amazing quality and I'm gonna keep it, but was wondering if I could have another custom made with a donor cart as it would bypass or replace the original ROM with mine. It makes sense if it
s using an original game's PCB. Am I right in this assumption?
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Ocean works fine on my 128mb gdsf7
Strike

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but I already figured out that I have no need for another repro of it; even if you use a legit SNES PCB, GameDoctors are still not going to play nice with it. I tested various repro carts and the problem with them is twofold: copiers don't seem to like TSOP'ed carts, and they really don't like them if they're chipped.

Since I learned that the carts don't need to be bootable in the SF7 to place or pull saves to a cart, the problem is negligible. What I'm saying is that if you have a game that the SF7 will not play, even with the real cart in the slot (for example: Mario RPG), you can still modify its BRAM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: