ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Double Pro Fighter 64mb ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Double Pro Fighter 64mb ? Reply with quote

I just got a Double Pro Fighter that appears to be brand new, and the box says 64M on it. However, when I turn on the unit, it only displays 32mb.

Can anyone confirm that a 64mb DPF exists?

Here is a pic of the front of the box:

And a pic of the side of the box:

amptor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty nice find there too. What shape was the other unit in that you got, the game station? If it is in that condition then you are pretty lucky too Smile

Anyway back on subject, I'm sure you could order it with 64M back in those times. I know you could with the Smart Bros which came out later and actually most Smart Bros were selling with 64M from what I recall. If it is POSTing 32M, then I'd assume the box was a misprint and they accidentally only included 32M on the board inside.

If you don't want to unscrew the cases to check, I wonder if we could contact Tomy or Gamedoctorhk and see if either of them know. It seems like gamedoctorhk gets a bit more of these devices than Tomy but they both have a lot of experience with the internals of these.

RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the gamestation i got was in rough shape. more on that later.

the double pro fighter was like new in the box. Like it was never used, and both snes and genesis cartridge adapters are basically new un the plastic. It even uncluded instructions that are also new condition. Perhaps the 64m that is on the box is a misprint, but they put it on the box as it it really is 64mb
amptor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the BIOS only shows 32M and it really has 64M in it. Have you tried to load up Tales of Phantasia on it? See if you can run a larger game and if you can, then it just means that the display only goes up to 32 Smile

edit: fixed stupid type-o above in the first sentence.

RGB_Gamer wrote:
the gamestation i got was in rough shape. more on that later.

the double pro fighter was like new in the box. Like it was never used, and both snes and genesis cartridge adapters are basically new un the plastic. It even uncluded instructions that are also new condition. Perhaps the 64m that is on the box is a misprint, but they put it on the box as it it really is 64mb

MottZilla

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

64M is real. But it only works on the SNES side, not the Genesis side. This is what I read time last time the subject came up.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MottZilla wrote:
64M is real. But it only works on the SNES side, not the Genesis side. This is what I read time last time the subject came up.

seems any dual snes/genesis copier favors the SNES side. I also never found out if the paralell port adapter for the double pro fighter works for genesis...
MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does. There was a workshop page somewhere that described that it did work but I have never tested it. But it should work for both uploading and downloading with the Genesis side.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MottZilla wrote:
It does. There was a workshop page somewhere that described that it did work but I have never tested it. But it should work for both uploading and downloading with the Genesis side.

what program do I use for sending Genesis games to the Double Pro Fighter?

I want to test Tales of Phantasia on my supposed 64mb unit. Anyone have any idea how to convert the SMC file to Game Doctor format?
MottZilla

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UCON64 should do it I think. ToP shouldn't need any converting. If it does, again use UCON64. UCON64 should definitely work for sending to the SNES side.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MottZilla wrote:
UCON64 should do it I think. ToP shouldn't need any converting. If it does, again use UCON64. UCON64 should definitely work for sending to the SNES side.

ok sweet. do u know what program for sending genesis games to the DPF via parallel port?
madman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGB_Gamer wrote:
MottZilla wrote:

ok sweet. do u know what program for sending genesis games to the DPF via parallel port?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dpf+send+utility
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madman wrote:
RGB_Gamer wrote:
MottZilla wrote:

cute, but unimaginitive at best - wouldnt it have been easier to just give an actual intelligent answer, or do you get off being an ass about it (notice I left out "smart")...I already googled before I posted asking what utility, and I couldnt confirm which utility actually sends genesis ROMs to the DPF.
madman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGB_Gamer wrote:
madman wrote:
RGB_Gamer wrote:
MottZilla wrote:

cute, but unimaginitive at best - wouldnt it have been easier to just give an actual intelligent answer, or do you get off being an ass about it (notice I left out "smart")...I already googled before I posted asking what utility, and I couldnt confirm which utility actually sends genesis ROMs to the DPF.

One of the links returned has a download for a DPF send util that works on the Genesis side. Obviously you invested no time at all reading the results. Mottzilla even referenced the page in a post of his.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having a tough time splitting Tales of Phantasia. When I use UCON64, I choose to split it into 8mb chunks and then UCON64 just hangs (only creates one file). Any ideas?
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the parallel port setup don't split it, just send it with UCON64. For the Pro Fighter splitting files I believe literally just splits the file into a 512 byte header + 512k or 1024k chunk followed by as many 512k or 1024k chunks as needed.

http://www.randomsonicnet.org/workshop/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: