ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Smart Card questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Super Smart Card questions Reply with quote

Can the SSC carts be cloned? Also, can you load. gb roms on it with the Pro Fighter X 3in1? Anyone try the SSC on Super Wildcard DX with Anthrox's SSC rom?
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can't easily be cloned. There's a custom logic IC that needs to be reverse engineered first.

I've been looking for one of these cards for some time.
I don't know what's the specific header used for GB roms if any but I'm guessing it's quite standard. At worse you can dump an original cart on the PFX and compare it with a hex editor.
Anthrox released 2 versions of their software for the SWCDX, one for the original GB cart and another supporting also the GB/GG cart. Unlike the later PFX versions, SWCDX and PFQ need the SSC adapter as you already noticed on the nightfall page Wink
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually got the SSC working with my SWC DX 95 and an old collection of game doctor format GB game collection. Now I really wish I could use a Doctor GB flash cart with the SSC...
DoctorBackup

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGB_Gamer wrote:
I actually got the SSC working with my SWC DX 95 and an old collection of game doctor format GB game collection. Now I really wish I could use a Doctor GB flash cart with the SSC...

As I stated in our phone conversation... If you can talk to Tomy directly he might be interested in cloning it to sell. I know he cloned the Pro Fighter Parallel port.
DoctorBackup

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGB_Gamer wrote:

Thats prety cool you got that to work on the SWCDX
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish there was a way to use the super smart card to write games to a Doctor GB 64mb flash cart
madman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With so many readily available GB flash devices, I don't see much point in cloning old, outdated hardware.
DoctorBackup

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madman wrote:
With so many readily available GB flash devices, I don't see much point in cloning old, outdated hardware.

Yeah but you dont see many GB Pro Fighter carts. PFX's came with a Cartridge adapter to play GB games on PFX's and PFXT's had the GB/GG slot built in. RGB has the GB cart and Cartridge adapter I do believe. Those are extremly hard to find if your collector. Although im consolidating my collection (keeping at least one copier per console) I would buy one from Tomy in a second. I've been looking for one of those for about 10 years although not extremely hard.

PS.
Isn't just about all the hardware on this forum "outdated?" Isn't that the purpose of this forum besides the Krikzz stuff???
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent Tomy a PM about cloning a GB Bridge (it is currently the only way of having a flashcart larger than 64mb to work for GB/GBC games) and cloning a Super Smart Card flash cart. Here's hoping...
madman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoctorBackup wrote:
madman wrote:

Yeah but you dont see many GB Pro Fighter carts. PFX's came with a Cartridge adapter to play GB games on PFX's and PFXT's had the GB/GG slot built in. RGB has the GB cart and Cartridge adapter I do believe. Those are extremly hard to find if your collector. Although im consolidating my collection (keeping at least one copier per console) I would buy one from Tomy in a second. I've been looking for one of those for about 10 years although not extremely hard.

PS.
Isn't just about all the hardware on this forum "outdated?" Isn't that the purpose of this forum besides the Krikzz stuff???

Sure, outdated hardware is the point of the forum, but the time and money spent to clone outdated hardware simply isn't worth it. The market would be at most a handful of people on here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: