ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Win XP I/O port driver
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WaNoS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Win XP I/O port driver Reply with quote

I have ecp enabled on my parallel port, drivers are up to date and I've tested the flash card and writer on an other PC so its not faulty, but I can not get it to work on my PC. Dreamwriter finds no card and UCon64 gives the error "no (working) I/O port driver". I've googled "I/O port driver" and tried "porttalk", "IOPort" and "userport", but I still get the same errors. Im not sure if its related but I also get the error "Can't open "C:\Documents and Settings\Wanos\NTUSER.DAT" for reading", does anyone have any ideas?

My specs are:
3.06 GHZ Pentium 4
1024 MB ram
OS Windows XP Home
My parallel port in device manager lists the resource settings as "I/O range 0378 037F" and shows no conflicts.

Someone please help!
segabob

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change your port to EPP and try it Wink Wink
WaNoS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gone into my bios and theres nothing regarding changing the properties of my port from ecp to epp.
Is there any other way of doing it?
segabob

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go back in your bios and look where it says your port is ecp Highlight that and look closely at the way your bios says to change something.
From the specs of your computer theres no way it would be perm default to the old ecp setting.

Whats the model of your computer.
WaNoS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

segabob

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you highlight the Default settings in your bios
I have never see a bios like that before ?
WaNoS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All default setting does is bring up a window asking if I wish to load high performance settings Y/N.
segabob

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well all i can say is try both settings High and normal.
If still no luck buy a card from Ebay for around 12$ .
You can get an EPP card pretty cheap there.
Good luck.
dbjh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Win XP I/O port driver Reply with quote

WaNoS wrote:
Dreamwriter finds no card and UCon64 gives the error "no (working) I/O port driver". I've googled "I/O port driver" and tried "porttalk", "IOPort" and "userport", but I still get the same errors.

Do you mean that you still get the same error message? You conveniently left out the second part, which suggests to read the answer to question 4 of the FAQ. In it you can read that you can use io.dll, which is included with the binary packages. Just put it in the configuration directory.

WaNoS wrote:
Im not sure if its related but I also get the error "Can't open "C:\Documents and Settings\Wanos\NTUSER.DAT" for reading", does anyone have any ideas?

It's not related, but here too, you left out the second part. It suggests to read the answer to question 47 and the answer to question 36.

You can test if uCON64 can really communicate with your MD-PRO by sending a ROM dump. The SRAM transfer options nor the dump flash cartridge option can be used for that.
WaNoS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the FAQ, but it made little or no sense Sad

Anyway Ive done what you said & I now get the following error:
ERROR: MD-PRO flash card (programmer) not detected

Its switched on and as I said earlier Ive had it working on an other PC so it ain't broke.
dbjh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaNoS wrote:
I read the FAQ, but it made little or no sense :(

Could you perhaps elaborate on that? I mean, in what way does it not make sense? The FAQ was meant to help people. Apparently it didn't help you, so I would like to know how I can change that.

WaNoS wrote:
Anyway Ive done what you said & I now get the following error:
ERROR: MD-PRO flash card (programmer) not detected

Its switched on and as I said earlier Ive had it working on an other PC so it ain't broke.

In the Super Flash forum you can read that "Toink" solved his problem by using a high quality parallel cable. Perhaps using such a cable solves your problem too.
WaNoS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbjh wrote:
WaNoS wrote:
I read the FAQ, but it made little or no sense Sad

Could you perhaps elaborate on that? I mean, in what way does it not make sense? The FAQ was meant to help people. Apparently it didn't help you, so I would like to know how I can change that.

I have no experience using the software or a flash card, as soon as you said put the IO.dll in the config folder I did it and solved the I/O port driver problem, but from reading the FAQ's Q4 it was that damn long from all the subjects it covered, by the time I'd finished reading through it all I could barely remember what I'd just read and didn't know where the hell to start, perhaps it needs breaking down a little.

With the NTUser.dat problem, once again it was as simple as going to options and selecting a directory for the uCON64 DAT file to solve it, but the answer to Q47 & Q36 was that long and covered so much that I was none the wiser after reading it.

I know that if you broke it down into easy steps for n00bs like myself you would end up with a FAQ as long as your arm (if not longer), so I appreciate you giving your time to help me on the forum.

I think I'll try my pc's support line first and see if its possible to set the port to EPP and then go from there, at least now thanks to you I have the software configured properly.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your pc should have EPP setting. Please check your pc manual about bios setting. I hope you can find it.
WaNoS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoctorBackup wrote:
Yeah somehow you need to get into your BIOS to change Parallel Port Setting to get the software running. How are you gettting into the BIOS of your PC? Who is the manufacture of your computer? Are you using a Laptop?

1) pressing DEL at start up
2) Gericom/Advent
3)Yes

Ive emailed Tech support, Im waiting for a reply.

See the link posted earlier, theres no mention of my parallel port in the BIOS, yet my bro's laptop which is 3 years older has the parallel port setting in the BIOS (same manafacturer) and the programmer and flash cart works fine, so I know its not faulty.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or if you NEED to use that laptop you can always invest in some ISA 2 USB bus translator device and a EPP card, a very tedious solution but very possible. Yes many notebook's have uncompliant parallel controllers, thats just how it is... blame the controller manufacturer, not the PC's manufacturer or label. I've never heard of a USB port without 5v, perhaps obscure 3v exists but without any power.. it'd be a lot harder to power most peripherals ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> MD-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: