ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ED64 Plus Owners!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bishonen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: ED64 Plus Owners! Reply with quote

Hello!

I own an ED64 Plus since a few days, and of course, i've ordered it from ToToTek!

I'am currently testing it functions, it's OS and it's stability.

What i know already:

- It's working great with my RGB-modded NTSC N64.
- It loads and starts every tested commercial rom so far
- It works well with a 2 GB Kingston micro SD (inserted in an SD-Adapter)
- It works well with an Toshiba 4GB SDHC Card
- Loading times are good. Takes about 6 seconds for a 320 Mbit Game like Paper Mario 64 (320Mbit are 40 MB)
- I'am using it with a japanese "Top Gear Hyperbike" Cart on top.
- It was delivered to me with Firmware 1.6, and OS 1.27, i've updated the OS to 1.28 yesterday. => http://www.ed64plus.com/?method=article_detail&id=7

Known Problems (At least for me):

- If a game is running, pressing the RESET-Button on the Console should take you back to the OS. This is also necessary to write down your game saver. But this is not working perfect. Sometimes you have to press the RESET-Button more than one time, or you have to hold it down for many seconds to get back to the OS.

- I have to test Games with different Savetypes in the next days. And if the gamesaves are getting saved and loaded correctly. This is really important!

Does anyone here also own an ED64 Plus? Yes? So please: post your experiences with it!

If anyone has a question, just let me know!

Last edited by Bishonen on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bishonen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the first savegame test results:

(All savegame tests have been made on an RGB Modded NTSC N64 with a japanese "Top Gear Hyperbike" (CIC 6102) cart inserted on top of the ED64 Plus and an Expansion Pak inserted in the N64!)

- Dr. Mario 64 (U) [!] (EEPROM 4Kb) - Works
- Mario kart 64 (U) [!] (EEPROM 4 Kb) - Works
- Mega Man 64 (U) [!] (FlashRAM) - Error No 1*!
- The new Tetris (U) [!] (SRAM) - Works
- Yoshi's Story (U) (M2) [!] (EEPROM 64 Kb) - Error No 1*
- Ridge Racer 64 (U) [!] (EEPROM 64 Kb) - Error No 1*
- Ogre Battle 64 (U) [!] (SRAM) - Works
- Mario Tennis (U) [!] (EEPROM 64 Kb) - Works
- Tigger's Honey Hunt (U) [!] (FlashRAM) - Works
- Jet Force Gemini (U) [!] (FlashRAM) - Works (What a suprise!)

All files had the ending ".z64"
---------------------------------------------------------

Error No 1* = Unable to get back to OS via RESET-Button to save down the savegame to file; RESET-Button does not react!
Bishonen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another thing i found out: If you play a game with the ED64 Plus, the RESET-Button of the N64 has no longer it's normal "game-Reset"-Function. Just pressing the button does actually nothing, at least for me here. You have to hold the button down, for (many) seconds, until you are taken back to the OS of the ED64 Plus (for saving you're gamesave and selecting an other game). Sometimes i had to hold down the button for 15-30 Seconds and more to get back to the OS. Maybe... Yoshi's Story, and maybe also the other Games with FLASH would work, if i just were holding the RESET-button down for longer. But i really was holding down the Button for nearly a minute or more on Mega Man 64... and i tried more than one time Rolling Eyes But maybe if i were more patient... Confused I will now test, if i can manage an other FLASH-Game to save successfully. If this should work... maybe all games can save if you just hold down the button long enough... OR... some EEPROM 64Kb and FLASH games are able to save and some don't Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: