ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Pro fighter Q 24 mb not working.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the chips are not swappable, these are logic ICs with specific functions hence why they're numbered.

This is unfamiliar but since you're able to load and run a game I wouldn't think of a ram issue.
Actually I once had a similar problem with a defective IC on a PFX2 that was running very hot within a couple of minutes operating, it would then freeze or black screen. Can you touch all the ICs and check if one is running really hot?

Is the problem occuring for 4 minutes every time you turn it on or only when you haven't used it for a while?
lumpy57

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to check if something is getting hot, but in fact, the unit is not working a second even cold. The only way to get it working is to unplug it for a few weeks, then it works for about 4 minutes.
That's why I think it may be some capacitor.
Should the PFQ+ works without external power supply if I don't want to use the floppy disk, or does it need some external power at all time? For example I turn it on and let it on the menu screen?
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the PSU as it can only help if you have some power issues. The capacitors may be faulty so it's always better to change them
lumpy57

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I will change them then tell you if that fixed the problem. Can you tell me the ones that I must change? Only the electrolytics (big ones) or the (tantale?) small ones? Are some related to RAMboard? (as it boot with RAMboard out)
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumpy57 wrote:
Ok, I will change them then tell you if that fixed the problem. Can you tell me the ones that I must change? Only the electrolytics (big ones) or the (tantale?) small ones? Are some related to RAMboard? (as it boot with RAMboard out)

Only the electrolytic ones
lumpy57

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I changed the caps.
ProFighter working... for a few hours...
I played for about 45 minutes, then I paused the game for 2 hours. When I just came back, the game reseted, with some strange brighter band on the title screen.
I turned the console Off then On and : Black Screen. Like at first.
Maybe it is too hot, I will try again later.
Something strange: the 32 MB RAMCARD is recognized as only 24 MB (like the 24MB original one). I don't know if this can help ?
Something else too: there is a little acid attack on the ACC chip, but floppy loading is OK (some faults sometimes, but I think the floppy or the drive is weak: Eject and reload the floppy and it's OK).
If anyone is interested, I thinking about selling this unit to buy a working flash cart like superUFO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: