ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there actually a 24mb(+) Multi Game Hunter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Astral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Is there actually a 24mb(+) Multi Game Hunter? Reply with quote

Over the years I've seen references all over the place of there being Multi Game Hunters with 24mb (or even 32mb) onboard. I have NEVER seen a 24mb for sale, never seen anyone mention they have a 24mb version, used a 24mb version, or anything else along those lines.

I figured that this would be the place to ask to get the best answer. So, what I would like to know is if anyone actually ** KNOWS ** if there is a 24mb (or +) version? And if so, what details can they tell about it? Is the extra RAM on a cartridge or internal? How is the RAM expanded? And so on...
Astral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This ad shows a model for sale

2007-08-12 8-23-47_0007.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  151.97 KB
 Viewed:  5488 Time(s)

2007-08-12 8-23-47_0007.jpg

Astral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting Very Happy

And although I appreciate your post, it still doesn't prove it's existence Very Happy
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, you're right, but I wouldn't see the point of advertising a selling price for a device they don't own Smile

I haven't seen a MGH memory board but by the time Venus did the ASIC revision I seriously doubt their device would not be able to address 24M as any other copier would by then.
Wasn't that the whole purpose of the black and gray versions apart from the the PLD to ASIC move?
Astral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic_Merlin wrote:
Lol, you're right, but I wouldn't see the point of advertising a selling price for a device they don't own Smile

I haven't seen a MGH memory board but by the time Venus did the ASIC revision I seriously doubt their device would not be able to address 24M as any other copier would by then.
Wasn't that the whole purpose of the black and gray versions apart from the the PLD to ASIC move?

Well advertising could be done in anticipation of a product release - and then things go pear shaped - so a pamphlet means diddly squat Very Happy

I've heard all kinds of opinions over the years about what the different colours mean. And often they are completely contradictory. Such as the black one means 24mb and the grey one means 16mb, and then I hear the opposite. So which one is it?..................and there-in lies the mythical history. And just to emphasise my point, is the one in the picture 16mb or 24mb, given it is both black and grey Question

I've seen other press releases, other price lists, blah blah blah blah....and have not ONCE seen ANY kind of evidence of an actual 24mb release.

And that's why I've decided once and for all to find out the truth Very Happy
DoctorBackup

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was proposed and supposed to be released... but it wasnt. Not even the gray one has it. IIRC BIOS does not support it
Astral

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoctorBackup wrote:
It was proposed and supposed to be released... but it wasnt.

What makes you say that?
DoctorBackup

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astral wrote:
DoctorBackup wrote:
It was proposed and supposed to be released... but it wasnt.

What makes you say that?

Because I have never seen one and my old copier dealer from when SNES days told me that. I use to own one but they are only good for 16m Gen/MD games. I do believe on old Cherryroms it was confirmed and the MGH was discontinued before the ASIC could be updated and BIOS. If Kyusakku was still around he would know or possibly Tomy.
Astral

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoctorBackup wrote:
Because I have never seen one and my old copier dealer from when SNES days told me that. I use to own one but they are only good for 16m Gen/MD games. I do believe on old Cherryroms it was confirmed and the MGH was discontinued before the ASIC could be updated and BIOS. If Kyusakku was still around he would know or possibly Tomy.

Appreciating what you say I tend to agree this was probably the case, that they were never released, despite what all the net snippets say about 24mb or 32mb versions. Like a lot of urban legends, a slight change of story (unintentionally of course) over the years changes what goes down in history. I reckon this is the case here. I guess that's part of the downside of the internet and people stating things that they don't actually KNOW. The untruth get spread and it becomes the new truth.

Ah well, we'll see if someone can prove otherwise Very Happy
rcade

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two black MGH and both are only 16M. I always heard the opposite, that the grey one was 24M. I also recall there was an 8M cart you could put in the top (either SFC or MD slot?) to get 24M, but again, never seen it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: