ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

av mod famicom problems...only black and white

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrforever

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: av mod famicom problems...only black and white Reply with quote

Hi guys ,
I hope you can help me because I think I have a Famicom with the ppu bad since I took pictures of the changes made . The picture and sound are very good but unfortunately we see black and white yet tried it on multistandard television and I try to bridged to test various points but alas nothing did the color you see for a second nn but remains fixed for nothing ... I also found a diagram of the ppu on nesdev wiki where I noticed that the pin 18 relative to the clock CLK can be of great importance for the solution to my problem :
The site explains the various points
Http://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.ph... ">Http :/ / wiki.nesdev.com / w / index.php / P...al_description
Since I keep a pal nes fault according to you if you use a slot for 40pin chip so as to exchange various ppu can be a solution ? The only doubt that the ppu a pal nes could create me problems glitches in various games among jap cuo castlevania 3 . You say that it can depend on that or do I withdraw money via a schemino am blessed color?
I know it is very difficult and I hope you can help me ... d the other hand, this is my first edit on a Famicom nn then I was able to make the previous ....
Thank you and see you soon!
Mr. Forever

image3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  161.73 KB
 Viewed:  5269 Time(s)

image3.jpg

image2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  164.14 KB

image2.jpg

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  151.49 KB

image.jpg

Slypty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Famicom A/V Mod Reply with quote

Hi, I do a lot of these type mods. I've never had one in black and white, but I don't think it would be your chips if you're getting a clear signal.

The mod you did seems off, which chip are you connecting your resistor to?

I would pull out Pin 21 from the Chip directly across from the small voltage regulator, and run a small wire from Pin 21 to the Base of that voltage Regulator. It helps also to take out the Base Pin of that Resistor, it will help you get less Jailbars. Also run a 150 resistor from Pin 20 (I think you have this resistor in the wrong place, you've placed your resistor on the incorrect Chip....), and a 100R to your Emitter on the same voltage regulator.

From there just attach your 150R and 100R, and run the 33uF capacitor to it. That will give you better quality video out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: