ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gamars SFC/SNES backup unit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DSwizzy145

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Gamars SFC/SNES backup unit Reply with quote

Has anyone ever seen these models before?

I believe this includes a 64MB RAM + it's on a v7.21 Bios, and the years released were during 1996-1997 manufactured by KAISER (Hong Kong company of course). Any suggestions that this could be a rare model or not? Thanks!

Edit: I apologise about the pics Embarassed but anyways Speaking of unknown copiers i've found a deep & well documented post about these units but sadly it's all in chinese but you can knock yourselves out, here's the link: http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=280&t=1004382
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gamars FC 301 as the Sane Ting Super Disk are very common copiers in Taiwan but not much elsewhere.

As for some other copiers (GDSF, SWC...) some production batches may have different case colors or labels. I believe most of the late 64M FC 301 were green like this one.

Ironically they even copied the version number of Bung's latest BIOS Wink
DSwizzy145

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great info and Thanks a lot dude! Very Happy so actually these were one of those 1996-1997 models or has these came during mid 90's circa 94-95'? Do these by anychance have the copy protection stuff removed or any enchancement chips added (except Super FX of course) even tho I doubt it much. But so the company basically just copied 'well pirated' their Bios illegally?
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FC 301 has its own original design and GUI. I'm guessing it does pretty much everything as a regular GDSF including DSP support.
They were sold during the 90's up to 97 though the first iteration must have been the Alma F16
There are also various spin offs such as the FR 402 and the Salyute.

On this vid you can see its GUI and that the device can support up to 128M:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0XkoZXmGOE
DSwizzy145

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! That's a very impressive GUI back in 1997 Smile it almost looks like a regular game menu its definietly Awesome in my book! Lol i'd wonder how they were able to pull this off back in the day? It seems you can use 2.88 MB floopy disks as well as CD support and probably more than what Game Doctors could offer. So can this run Front Mission & any of those text adventure games + Energy Breaker or Bahumt Lagoon? And also by anychance where can I buy this at? Thanks for the Video bro! I appericate it a lot. Very Happy
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try some taiwanese auction websites such as Yahoo but you'll need a local ID I believe, Taiwan has a very weird policy on this.

Also most sellers won't reply back so your best luck is probably to get in contact with a local first or ask someone to bring you one back.
DSwizzy145

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that sucks lol but your maybe right tho. I'll try my best finding someone who can hook me up with one, um do you know what the price is in US dollars btw? Thanks!
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Taiwan probably like any copier around 50 USD or less though the 64M version could come a bit pricer.

If you get hold of one take a snap of the PCB, I'd be curious to see those Wink
DSwizzy145

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that's it? Really? Wow I thought I'll been like $200 or higher haha lol but if you like to see the PCB and Bios (if I'm able to find it) then sure man Smile I don't mind!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: