ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MD PRO 32M questions...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
goldparalax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: MD PRO 32M questions... Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I just received the MD PRO M32 today and as expected, I can't get it working. I've read things on the forum, but nothing seems to help yet. I currently have USB 2.0 and Parallel ports, and have tried both. I am running Windows XP SP2, on a P4 2.8 GIG computer with 1 GIG of ram. I would have to imagine that my USB ports are 5V. Also, I have tried changing the printer port settings in the bios, nothing has helped yet.

I have installed the Dreamwriter software version 2.1. When I run the software, I get a message that says "NT Port Driver Couldnt Start. Something Wrong !!!!!!!". Then in the program it says card not found.

Please start throwing out suggestions if you can think of anything! Thanks alot.

-Evan
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by "I currently have USB 2.0 and Parallel ports, and have tried both"? You're insinuating that you're not using both at the same time.
goldparalax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is correct... i was only using 1 at a time.. i guess im suppose to be using both at the same time?

i've tried this as well but it seems like my parallel port isnt working at all.. does anyone have any suggestions how to get it working? according to my device manager, the driver is installed and working properly.

i have a USB printer installed, so i dont use the parallel port except for the flash card.

any help would be much appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need it connected via parallel port AND USB, the MDPro is a parallel device, it only uses USB to power the "linker" (which is why you need 5V.) Make sure your parallel settings in your BIOS is set to EPP, make sure you keep it on that. What is the make of your motherboard? You most likely have a functioning parallel controller. Where did you get the DB25 cable? If not from Tototek, are you sure that it's a straight through cable?
goldparalax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions. Changing the Bios setting to EPP got rid of the parallel port error before the Dreamwriter software started. Now I can't seem to get the flash card to be seen.

I got the parallel port cable from Bestbuy, and it's described as a "Parallel File Transfer Cable". It does say "Note: This is not a switchbox cable." Do you recommend that I get a cable off of the Tototek website?

Also, the MD-Pro card should of been shipped ready to go, correct? Or is there something I need to do to the flash card?

Thanks again,

-Evan
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the card is shipped ready to go. I'm almost positive your parallel cable is at fault. I think you have some sort of parallel crossover cable or something. "Switchbox" is what you want since switchboxes need 1:1 cables. If you're unsure about parallel cables you find in stores (that don't clearly indicate that they're "straight through" meaning pin 1 comes out pin 1 on the other side etc) you might want to order one from Tototek, theirs of course are what you need. I'm sure that the price and prolonged wait will be tough but if you ever want to use the device you’ll need a proper cable.
goldparalax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the cable sounds like the piece at fault here so I purchased one from this website.

I will let you guys know if I have any problems when the cable comes.

Thanks again for the suggestions and help.

-Evan
goldparalax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Well I purchased the parallel and usb cables off of the tototek website, hooked up everything again, and it still says "no card found".

Bios setting is set to EPP, I'm using DreamWriter v1.6. I've also tried using the diagnostic tool to see if the card is seen, but doesn't see it.

I've tried using the card on 2 different desktop machines, still no luck. Any thoughts? This seems like a buggy piece of expensive hardware/software to me.

-Evan
goldparalax

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so get this...

I tried the flash card on all 3 computers I have, no dice. As a last ditch effort I run dreamwriter 1.6 instead of 2.1 and bingo, it works on an old laptop from 1998.

I have 2 other desktop machines that are pretty new. Go figure.

Bios setting set to EPP and using version 1.6 of dreamwriter.

-Evan
DjoeN

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile yeah it runs best on older hardware, don't ask me why, but it does Smile

My new pc also will not recognize the hardware, but my older pc from my wife does, also my kids pc downstairs with windows 98SE on it works perfect, so i use my kids pc for flashing to the carts.

That's also the reason, why most ppl ask an USB (2.0) only flasher, would be much more trusty and would work on more (all) computers

Suppafly

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a new computer athlon 2.8 gig, and my MDPRO plus 64M and GG PRO 32m work just fine...good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> MD-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: