ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GDSF7 Gamestation clone owners I need help identifying a Cap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LilJoe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: GDSF7 Gamestation clone owners I need help identifying a Cap Reply with quote

Anybody here owns a SNES Gamestation Cd clone system?. If so I need your help please.
A friend of mine recently did some work in my Gamestation unit that included a total capacitor replacement. But he said that an electrolytic capacitor located on the smaller board where the main Bung chip is was missing, and we are trying to figure out the value of it.
If someone has a Gamestation and call tell us the capacitance rating it would be great.

Here is a photo with the capacitor location. In this shot, the capacitor was installed on the solder side of the board.

And here is another photo of an identical board with the capacitor in its intended position (can be seen at the bottom left corner near the regulator) .

kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cap is 1000 uF but the precise value doesn't matter at all, and it probably makes little difference. Its purpose is to reduce power supply ripple (which increases the regulator's headroom), but that isn't a concern unless you're using a strange half-rectified or <9V supply.
mrforever

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELCOME BACK KYUUSAKU Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: