ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super UFO Pro 8 SD - Hacking BIOS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject: Super UFO Pro 8 SD - Hacking BIOS? Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I know that the Super UFO Pro 8 SD has had one BIOS update. Has anyone actually tried to hack these BIOS's yet? For that matter, are they encrypted? I know one sought after feature would be long file name support, or at the very least, having internal rom names as a preview (without having to select the ROM and start loading it).

Cheers,

PS: Now that the device doesn't seem to be supported anymore (website is down), maybe Super UFO would release the source for the BIOS? Probably not, but I figure maybe there is a slim chance? lol

EDIT: I've sent in a request for more information from Super UFO. I doubt they'll make any improvements, or release the BIOS source, but I figure I might as well ask to see. I still think hacking may be our only recourse.
teamvb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will be nice if the ufo sd can read long file name
dbjh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Trenton_net: Thanks for asking them. I was considering contacting them about information about the native Super UFO Pro 8 SD format, which differs from Super UFO Pro 8. I've recently added support for that format to uCON64 (in CVS), but for converting to the format I need either information from them, or a bunch of people would have to share UFOSD headers of cartridge dumps they have made (of course including information what cartridge they dumped). --ufosd is there, but lacks support for quite a few cartridge types. However, if --ufosd is complete, even better than reading the internal header would be reading the UFOSD backup unit header, since it contains a copy of most of the internal header, including the name. The benefit of that would be that one can then edit the displayed name, without touching the ROM image data. Using the UFOSD header would also avoid issues like having to analyze the ROM dump (code has to determine whether it's a LoROM or HiROM game before it can read the internal header).

Edit:
Their website, http://www.superufo.com is up and lists the device, but out of stock.

Edit 2:
Elaborated on benefits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: