ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Copier preservation <<< Website is now live >>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject: Copier preservation <<< Website is now live >> Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

It's been a long time coming, but I finally decided that I want to open up a forum/website dedicated to preserving retro asian gaming. This would include, among other things, sections dedicated to copiers. Since the scene for this is largely becoming smaller and smaller (due to a lack of interest... Given flash cards are now here?), I figure it would be a good time to do this before it all gets lost forever.

If we can, I'd like to catalog all the tools, software, BIOS files, documentation, etc, that I can get. Anything I find will be mirrored and available to download from the website once it goes online. Any veterans from the CherryRom/EmuChina days still around who would be interested in preserving and centralizing some of this information? If so, please feel free to contact me here, or on the "assemblergames" forum.

Thanks!

Last edited by Trenton_net on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea! I'd be happy to contribute. You can contact me here or pm me Wink
madman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the site active yet? I've still got a ton of stuff on CD and elsewhere from those days. I think I even had a Game Doctor SF3 original manual I can scan.
kazmat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting !!
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I'm still setting up the server (Might take a few days to work out all the kinks), but I'll try to reach out to people via PM so we can exchange emails and ideas.

Cheers,

Alex,
xiaNaix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be down for that.
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone! I have a copy of the website running, but it is currently running in a data centre in Germany. Since the latency isn't the best for North America, It will be moved in a few days to New York. Once it is available in its new home, I'll start letting contributors have access to it.

The main differences between contributors and regular members will be as follows:

- Ability update items on the site when access is closed to the public (Offline).
- Access to contributor discussion forums.
- Ability to upload files and new content.
- Ability to create blogs so that you can write/create/edit your own tutorials, how-to documents, etc, for the whole world to see.
- Ability to add galleries for pictures, scans of manuals, etc.

If you consider yourself a knowledge expert, have lots of obscure tools & files, tips, tricks, modifications, how-to, or anything you think would be worth while preserving, please don't hesitate to contact me! (PM's send me instant email notifications!)

With a little time, motivation, and knowledge, we should be able to save everything we've learned and move it to a proper home instead of piggy-backing from Tomy's site (which he has generously allowed us to do for so long).

Cheers,
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double Post.
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Just an update, but the website has now gone live! You can find it and register for it here:

https://www.supercom32.net

For those people who expressed interest in contributing in some way, please DO register and send me a PM! That way, I can have your account upgraded and we can start discussions and what needs to be done. I know some people visit this website rather infrequently, but I'm hoping that once people see this message I'll be able to have regular and frequent contact, which I am currently lacking. Smile

Cheers!
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can give you plenty of ideas for a website as I had one in mind for a while but no time to make it.
This, on the other hand, is a webboard and in my opinion not the best suited way of presenting, sorting and organizing such an already obscure and confusing topic.
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough and I do agree. I do plan to have pages and articles setup and it should be fairly easy to integrate into the site.

However, before I can even think about adding pages, my biggest problem currently is getting 'buy-in' from people. Even if it's just regular communication regarding ideas, discussions, plans, or just work to be done. I've had a bunch of people express great interest in becoming a contributor, but after the initial reply, never hear from them again. Since I'm only a single person, and my knowledge/memory is pretty poor in this subject (since I never bothered to retain any of it), work is naturally slow.

Because of this, since we're setup for archiving files right now, its the lowest hanging fruit to pick. I figure at least we can have a central repository for these files (docs, tools, BIOSs) before links go dead and it all goes away for good? But again, I never really saved any of this, so I need people who do have these things to reach out. Heck, I understand if people are busy. Smile Even if it's just an archive with 1G worth of random copier files, I could add them myself. But unless there is regular communication, it will be hard.
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure I understand. PM me your skype if you have one, I'm traveling now but let's have a chat when I get back Smile
conceitedjerk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I gotta register! I still fool with my old stuff from time to time and am in danger of forgetting things...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: